Cleaning the OBS Smoke Generator

Started by Eo0014, June 28, 2009, 01:17:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eo0014

My pucks are not advancing correctly and I was advised to clean the smoke generator.
How do I take the cover of the generator off?  Is it the screws on the two sides or the screws on the bottom?

I don't want to disconnect any wiring, I simply want to move the cover enough so I can get in there and clean it up a bit.
Just by turning it upside down a lot of particles came out, so I'm guessing I have a lot more.

HELP!

beefmann

Eo0014,

to clean the smoke generator, remove the screws on " ONLY THE PERMINTER OF THE BOTTOM" and leave the screws in the middle as they hold internal items and gently seperate the generator, becarefull there are wires that interconnect between the two halves, blow out any  dust, sawdust, clean off the tongue of the generator from grease. Also dont confuse dis-coloration of the end of the tongue as dirt after use it will turn black.

a good once over removing any excess is always good and should be done once a year depending on how much yuou smoke while keeping the tongue clean. oils from the wood burning process has a tendincy to build up over time and may be your only issue

Beef

Eo0014

After I posted, I decided to explore.  I'm proud to say I figured it out all by myself!  :D

Gave it a good once over, and everything is running perfect now.

Thanks!