CBB question, need thoughts quick!

Started by Quarlow, August 07, 2010, 09:32:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quarlow

I need your advice on this. I cured 3 pieces of CBB but when I rinse them one piece is not completely firmed up like the other 2 and only half of it has changed in colour appearance. It is still more red than the pale colour like the others. I unfortunately forgot about them as I was working till real late and didn't massage the bags for the last 3 days and this one was stacked on the bottom so it didn't get the cure right threw. I shouldn't stack them I guess. Would you just go ahead with the drying and smoking or would you mix up a bit more cure and give it a couple of days?
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

FLBentRider

You could go either way really, since you are not curing for safety or preservation.

If you go ahead a smoke that end will taste more like roast pork, I would take the IT to 150F

If you decide to cure it further, I would try to figure out how much of it needs further curing and cut it, only further curing the part that needs it, so that the other end is not too salty.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Quarlow

Thanks FLB. I will just go with it. My brain would hurt to much if I tried to figure that out. :D :D. And I have to go deliver a load to a customer. Doh, on a fricken saturday. Oh well it is all double time.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ

Habanero Smoker

I would not apply another application of cure. I sent you a PM. I would re-post it here, but this site is really slow and it taking an average of 20 second to switch screens. Also if it is not fully cured 142°F - 145°F is safe temperature to take fresh pork to.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Quarlow

OBS
BBQ