I Love Supermarkets

Started by RossP, February 18, 2010, 01:35:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RossP

Last year I got my OBS from a local supermarket for reward points. It did not cost me anything, now at that point I thought that reward points form the local supermarket was great, then we got a little food dehydrator in the summer from the same supermarket for points also. Well yesterday the wife got a call from Safeway, it seems as if my mother in-law has been entering her name for a contest and she won a trip to the Dominican Republic in an all inclusive resort. Now we just have to figure out when to go , we have a year to take the trip. Gotta love winning things and getting toys for free. 
Original Bradley Smoker
Cold Smoker Attachment
Teal Termapen

FLBentRider

Quote from: RossP on February 18, 2010, 01:35:49 PM
Last year I got my OBS from a local supermarket for reward points. It did not cost me anything, now at that point I thought that reward points form the local supermarket was great, then we got a little food dehydrator in the summer from the same supermarket for points also. Well yesterday the wife got a call from Safeway, it seems as if my mother in-law has been entering her name for a contest and she won a trip to the Dominican Republic in an all inclusive resort. Now we just have to figure out when to go , we have a year to take the trip. Gotta love winning things and getting toys for free. 

Our Supermarkets don't do that anymore

:'(
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

squirtthecat

Nice!

One of my coworkers (I went to college with both her and her husband) are heading to the Dominican tomorrow for her 40th birthday...

Enjoy RossfreePas!

KevinG

Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

Habanero Smoker

I shop at a supermarket that you can earn $.10 off per gallon for every $50.00 you spend in groceries, and you can purchase up to 20 gallons at all participating Sunoco gas stations. The points expire in 90 days, so the most I have accumulated was $1.50 off per gallon. But I rather win a trip.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

classicrockgriller

Nice going Ross.

That will be a fun trip for sure.

Great cigar land.

RossP

I am looking forward to it, I will be taking a fly rod to try and get a Bone Fish on the fly
or anything else that I can get. We will be doing a day of deep sea also. The rest of the
time will be spent relaxing, and tasting the local cuisine, oh and the local Rum ;D

Quote from: classicrockgriller on February 18, 2010, 01:48:14 PM
Nice going Ross.

That will be a fun trip for sure.

Great cigar land.

I would love to try the cigars down there but I quit smoking 18 months ago and I do not
trust myself to just have a cigar or two. After smoking for 40 years I started young, I cannot stand
the thought of starting again. But man I loved a good cigar and I do miss them :'(

Ross
Original Bradley Smoker
Cold Smoker Attachment
Teal Termapen

Caneyscud

Quote from: RossP on February 18, 2010, 02:08:53 PM
I am looking forward to it, I will be taking a fly rod to try and get a Bone Fish on the fly
or anything else that I can get. We will be doing a day of deep sea also. The rest of the
time will be spent relaxing, and tasting the local cuisine, oh and the local Rum ;D

Yep, noticed the avatar - Man I hope you tie into a lot of them.  I haven't experienced the thrill myself, so can only imagine.  Catch at least one for me!  I'll name my first child after you.   Wait, that won't work, I got "fixed"!  I'll cook a brisket in your honor!  Yep, that's what I'll do! 
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

OU812

Thats great you guys can win stuff like that.

Sounds like a good time RossP, bring back pictures so us land locked folks can see what is really out there.

RossP

Hey here is a contest you can enter I think, if you win you can come up a visit.

http://www5.hellobc.com/BEHERE-contest/

For fly fishers the Cariboo Package is what you want.

Good luck.

Ross
Original Bradley Smoker
Cold Smoker Attachment
Teal Termapen

seemore

An all-inclusive resort sounds like a dream....ENJOY!!!
Mrs

classicrockgriller

Ross, just notice that the winning of the trip came close to your Birthday!

What a double good deal.

HawkeyeSmokes

Good for you RossP.

Enjoy your trip and post the pictures!

;D ;D
HawkeyeSmokes

oakville smoker

Nice score
Domincan cigars are awesome
I went to the Davidoff factory many years ago and I still remember it like it was yesterday
All I wanted to do was slow smoke some ribs.  Another addiction created thanks to the Bradley that requires regular servicing...  But what an addiction to have.  Even better to share here with some of the best people on the planet.

Would you like smoke with that sir ?

NePaSmoKer

Yeah Yeah me too like DR Ceegars and supermarkets  ;D

On my key ring and wallet  ;D