Voice chat ... OK Who is ready.....

Started by Oldman, January 25, 2006, 07:43:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldman

A great time in chat tonight... OK Who is ready for the next step in chatting online????? A higher level of chat while still using the current chat!!!!!!!!!!!

What I'm talking about is you going out and purchasing for yourself a head set with a mic....so you can talk and type at the same time!

I have almost a full time voicing server up.  That means you can talk using a head set just as clearly as you do on a phone... Ya it will take a little time and effort on some folks part to figure it out. What the heck... an 8 year old can do it and this oldman figured it out so there is no reason you all cannot. Let me tell you all that once you start voicing over the net it will open so much up to you and others that it is not even funny.

You could use it to talk to family or friends around the world at no cost. You just have to set a time when you will all meet there.

OK those who want to know how to do it and what they need in a client to join my voicing server please raise your hand up~~~~! (The client is free.)  I will be glad to create a step by step outline of how-to-get-er-done! With images~~!

I do believe it is time that some of us food smokers move out of the 19th century and into the 22nd century. Oh I don't believe one bit in the saying that you cannot teach an old dog new tricks.... that is a story for children to make them feel better.

EDIT: If there is real interest in this and if this grows I will move it to a 24/7/365 day per year dedicated server with enough bandwidth and chat rooms to handle up to 200 persons.

If a member here has family around the world I can set that person up with their own chatroom with a password so you will be able to talk with your family and no one else outside your family can join in.  For that matter I can set it up so a member has their own room off of a different server. One that only you and you family would have access to. I can create as many voice servers as I have ports/ bandwidth and processing power.

As I said it is time we moved into the 22nd century. Or at least just a couple of steps behind our grandchildren. [:D]

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

iceman

Sounds good olds. I camera / voice chat with my brothers all over the country on Yahoo and it's great (and free). How do I join your chat room. I'm in Alaska so I don't know what the timing would be like in the evening for me to join in. I don't get home until 7 P.M Alaska time.

Oldman

Just saw your reply... Go get going. Tomarrow I will do a tutorial...it really is pretty simple.

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

iceman

Thanks olds.[:)]<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Oldman</i>
<br />Just saw your reply... Go get going. Tomarrow I will do a tutorial...it really is pretty simple.

Olds

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

iceman

Holy Cow !!! I just about had a heart attack !!! This thing posted my reply AND counted it AND it didn't time out !!![;)]

IKnowWood

Yeah, same here.  I did two posts in two tabs.  and usually I make the 2nd post and get frustrated when the page is stuck in both. But to my suprise, they were done!!!

Olds.  What device interfaces work for the team speak.  You know I am using that inferior Apple product.

Edit:  After this post I searched and did find a free product TeamSpeax that appears to work.  I need to test it to see if it works.
IKnowWood
Coming to you from the DelMarVa (US East Coast that is)

Look up Our Time Tested And Proven recipes

Oldman

Well I don't use Team Speak 2... I run an older Ventrilo server, version 2.1.2

The reason I did not upgrade is the new version is limited to 8 clients only.

In my gaming world we use TS2. However, I don't host that and as such I only have the client.  IMO Ventrilo has a better quality sound when using a decent sound card than TS2.

EDIT: Grrrrrrrrrrr I almost timed out again. This is really starting to grind on me.
Olds

owrstrich

i am johnny owrstrich... i disapprove of this post...

jaeger

Olds,
Sounds good!

<font size="4"><b>Doug</b></font id="size4">

cnelles

I have a mike  and willing to try it.

Chris Nelles

boxertrio

i'm in

Glenn

White smoke good...Black smoke bad!!
--"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever the cost, fight back!" -- Lt. Colonel Jeff Cooper; USMC

Arcs_n_Sparks

Not sure I want to give up my dog status...[8D]

Arcs_n_Sparks

Oldman