puck feeder alarm

Started by skifreak, November 12, 2015, 02:59:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skifreak

I have a Bradley Digital Smoker purchased last year.  The slide to advance the wood pucks works only intermittently; if i use the advance button, after several attempts it alarms and then moves back and forth until the entire hopper is empty.  sometimes it won't advance at all.  sometimes if i leave the hopper empty it works itself out then i can put the pucks in and it will feed 1-2 per hour.

suggestions?  i'm going to take it apart and clean it again.  tried blowing it out and lubricating the tracks to no avail.

thanks,
doug

Mozart

Very well could be the microswitch.  Mine works well most of the time, then goes thru a spell of starting the cycle, stops, hit the advance button again - and it works.  Checked and cleaned everything and it was still very intermittent.  Called tech support today and they concurred that is was the switch.  Cost of a new switch is $3.19 U.S. - so ordered one and will put it on and test the dickens out of it when I get it.  Very frustrating to start a long smoke and everything is working well, leave for an hour or so and come back and find that the pucks have not advanced and there is just a pile of ash on the puck heater plate!  :(