Heating pad went out!!

Started by mitchf350, December 13, 2010, 03:31:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mitchf350

So I started my 3rd smoking session. Pre heated the smoker to 250 tossed in my turkey legs and some pucks. Went out to check on it a half hour later every thing was looking good. Checked a gain a 1.5hrs later and there was no smoke. Nothing but unburnt pucks in the bowl. Checked all the wires and fuse every thing was good. Unplugged it then plugged it in again for a bit touched the heating pad and it was cold what gives? Is this a normal problem? Im going to try to take it back to cabelas and exchange it for a new one. Idk if i should call Bradley and wait. This time of year I cant wait around for replacment parts. Any ideas?

OU812

Maybe try opening the SG and see if theres a loose wire in there.

TestRocket

If you've got a volt meter and don't mind checking for 120 volts AC you could see if you have voltage going to the puck burner. I've never taken mine apart (yet) but it should be straight forward (like two wires coming off the hot plate back to a couple of connectors plugged in somewhere) and a quick check. Good luck and let us know how it all works out! 

mitchf350

Cabelas Said they would exchange it no questions asked. How common is it for the heating pad to go out. I know there has been problems with the actual heating element. Would I benefit in upgrading to the digital? Or are will that be cause to worry about more stuff going wrong?