New Orleans Smokeout...sorta

Started by KyNola, January 22, 2011, 12:39:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TMB

Quote from: Ka Honu on January 28, 2011, 09:23:05 AM
Quote from: TMB on January 28, 2011, 05:15:48 AMOK I think I have Kimmie talked into the trip.

Another notch on the old shell, so to speak.

OBTW, if we go anywhere in motor vehicles, I'm riding with Tommy (He's a built-in designated driver).

LOL   that's why Kimmie has stayed with me for 23+ years!   ;D ;D ;) 
Live, ride, eat well and thank God!

classicrockgriller

Quote from: TMB on January 28, 2011, 11:41:25 AM
Quote from: TMB on January 28, 2011, 05:15:48 AMOK I think I have Kimmie talked into the trip.

OBTW, if we go anywhere in motor vehicles, I'm riding with Tommy (He's a built-in designated driver).

Plus you know how to burn her food just right. ;D

TMB

Quote from: classicrockgriller on January 28, 2011, 12:45:25 PM
Quote from: TMB on January 28, 2011, 11:41:25 AM

Plus you know how to burn her food just right. ;D
SO true!   :D
Live, ride, eat well and thank God!

TestRocket

What to do? What to do?  ???   ::)

classicrockgriller

I am packing up and getting ready.

KyNola

Quote from: TestRocket on January 28, 2011, 03:14:58 PM
What to do? What to do?  ???   ::)
You're kidding right?  Hook a ride with Tommy and Kimmie and come on down!

GusRobin

Just got back this evening from a business trip to NO. I usually drive down so the wife can come along. Took pictures of the city to record what it looked like prior to the arrive of THEM. 
Didn't win at Harrah's but picked up some goodies at a local store.

"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

KyNola

Let me tell you guys.  That Cajun Power brand is some good stuff!

GR, thanks for peaking the interest.  Now....make your reservations to come back down in April!

GusRobin

This is one of those you had to be there stories but I'll tell it anyway.
So the wife and I go to Delmonico (one of Emeril's places) for dinner. She has a fish dish, I have ribeye. The waiter asked how we wanted it cooked. My wife says we want it really spicy and hot.
Lesson # 1- First ask for their definition of spicy and hot before you ask for "really spicy and hot"

The food came and after two bites my eyes are watering, tongue is burnt, sinuses cleared out. Problem was it was not just spicy hot, it was very spicy flavored. So no matter how much pain you were in you wanted more.
First time I ever wimped out and ordered a glass of milk. The waiter also brought out a small dish of milk chocolates and said "the chef said this will help". Then he says, "yeah the staff gets really excited when someone orders their food hot and spicy".

It was excellent food, will do it again next time, but will make sure we are on the same page regarding "hot and spicy.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

La Quinta

I don't know if I'm posting this in the right place...but Bob and I are booked...coming in the 25th...leaving the 29th...already lined up house sitters...friends that are cops...does it get any better then that??? Pool...dogs...cops...beer...almost makes us want to stay home...cept.....we're going to NOLA!!! Yeah baby!!!! ;D

SouthernSmoked

Quote from: KyNola on January 22, 2011, 12:39:33 PM
I've heard they have some fairly decent food in NOLA. ;)

BTW, did I mention I'll pay for the drinks if anyone wants to/can join us.   

That's a whole lotta drinks. ;D Maybe a HOLE lotta drinks. ;D ;D

KyNola, you may need to take a part time job just to pay for this trip. ;D
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

KyNola

HOLY CRAP!! :o :o :o

Does that make 17?

Note to self: Never let your mouth write a check that your butt can't cash! :D :D :D :D :D

NePaSmoKer

I'm going to be to drunk I mean NOLA happy to eat  :D

LQ

I will make fresh goodies a couple weeks before we head down. Gotta make a stop at BRAGG for a day.

Ka Honu

This is getting to be almost too cool!  OBTW, I'll be selling teabag shields for those who come unprepared.

Quote from: KyNola on January 22, 2011, 12:39:33 PMBTW, did I mention I'll pay for the drinks if anyone wants to/can join us. 

Quote from: Ka Honu on January 22, 2011, 12:49:58 PMWell, no you didn't, but if you do (especially after this warning), all I can do is quote Julia Roberts: "Big mistake. Big. Huge."

Quote from: KyNola on February 04, 2011, 05:27:43 AM... 17?  Note to self: Never let your mouth write a check that your butt can't cash!

You shoulda listened.

KyNola

Oh, it's ok.  How much could ice tea for 17 people cost? ;)