And yet another newbie from AZ!

Started by azloon, July 01, 2011, 09:59:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

azloon

Hello everyone just received my digital Bradley smoker on Wed and seasoned that night......i was anxious to try...i think too anxious as Salmon was very smokey and salty.....I think I may have brined too long?  i used the Maple Cured Smoked Salmon recipe from Bradley volume one, left salmon in brine for 23 hours and then I used Hickory instead of Maple as I only have the Hickory that came with unit so far.  I think was a combination of too long in brine and the Hickory.  Will try a stuffed Pork Loin this Sunday hope it turns out. 

azloon

muebe

First off... to the forum!

Hickory is very strong and might be too much for fish. I like to use Alder, Maple, or Cherry for fish. And it sounds like 23 hours in the brine might have been too long or your salt content in the brine was too high...

The Bradley stuffed Pork Loins are excellent. They finish really quick so a hour of hickory should be enough for it ;D
Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

OU812

How long are you applying the smoke?

SamuelG

Yeah how long? I use Hickory 3 hours and it turns out very very good?

SamuelG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SamuelG

ghost9mm

azloon... Welcome to the forum..we have a really knowledgeable group of people here that are more then willing to help you anyway they can...

Here is a Bradley Faq link that can help alot...

http://www.susanminor.org/forums/showthread.php?481-Bradley-Smoker-FAQ-s&p=748#post748
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

azloon

I applied smoke for 40 minutes and cooked another hour...the texture and doneness of salmon was perfect.  Plan to use Jim Beam or Apple for Stuffed Pork Loin Sunday as I just received sample pack and box of Jim Beam Bisquettes....any reccomendations.

beefmann

SouthernSmoked

Congratulations on your purchase and welcome to the forum...Enjoy!

http://www.susanminor.org

Remember we like pic's!!
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

Caribou