whole leg of lamb

Started by squirtthecat, November 15, 2009, 09:29:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

squirtthecat

A local grocery store has whole legs of lamb for $4.99/lb this week.   I'd really like to try this out, but wouldn't know where to start?

The flyer had a recipe that was essentially a dijon/rosemary/garlic slather.   I'm thinking that would pair nicely with a few hours of smoke???

KyNola

STC,
Seems I recall some recipes for lamb being posted a few months back.

KyNola

squirtthecat

Thanks, I'll go do some searching...   It sounds like it might be easier than I originally thought.

Tenpoint5

I have a rack of ribs from a lamb that I am waiting for HR to get home from his travels to check his recipe files for some good ideas. Might give him a holler.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

squirtthecat

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on November 15, 2009, 11:47:02 AM
I have a rack of ribs from a lamb that I am waiting for HR to get home from his travels to check his recipe files for some good ideas. Might give him a holler.

Good plan.   He's done it up big before..

Hopefull Romantic

Hey 10.5 and STC

my work is winding down and should be home soon. Had a marathon meeting last night. Started at 8:30 PM and I got home at 6:15 AM  this morning.

Ever since my family moved to Jordan (they lived here for 9 years), we have been having our lamb delivered from Aleppo Syria. It is much better here. Yesterad moring, I placed an order for 4 legs of lamb that I intend to smoke as soon as I am back. But before that, I shall send the both of you the recepe so you try it out first.

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

squirtthecat

Tenpoint5

Thanks HR, I hear there is a group of ladies standing at your doorway at home demanding more cheese!!! Better hold off on the lamb legs ;D ;D
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!