Networking

Started by Snoopy, January 09, 2014, 11:59:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snoopy

So, since this is such an amazing forum and well I'll say a part of my life for the rest of it probably, figured I would try the networking thing out.

I think I posted about this a while back and sent someone info, but anyways. I'm getting the boot after 14 years of Active Duty with the Navy, didn't make the next rank so gotta go.

While in I did Avaition Electronics on C-9, DC-9, and P-3 Orion aircraft for a total of about 10 years about 3 years of that as an Quality Assurance Inspector as well. I spent 3 years doing payroll for approx 750 Navy Reservists, so i've become pretty dangerous with a stapler and some post it notes.

The nice thing is, after 14 years of going where the Navy has told me to go, our family has decided that we can go wherever we want to, which primarily is going to be wherever I can find a decent enough job to support the Fam. We are hoping for PA(near SWMBO family) or MN (near mine), but, we are up for the adventure of going somewhere new.

My last day in will be June 22nd 14' but I will be on leave(vacation) starting end of April. I've got a basic resume built up so if you know someone looking for someone please let me know, it would be greatly appreciated.

UncleAl

Snoopy you have my best wishes and prayers for you and your family. I was in a similar position wit the Marines a few years ago. I would help if I could but jobs prospects are pretty slim in Detroit right now.

NorthShoreMN

Bradley 6 digital, Bradley BCS, TSM 20 stainless, Masterbuilt 30 with cold smoke attachment, BGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Q2200,Homemade grill on trailer

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live
forever." Mahatma Gandhi

Snoopy

Thanks for you service Al and the support. Went through the transition class a while back and figure I need to start putting it to work and trying things. I've got my resume in a few places already, FAA has some positions open id love to get into but we'll see. Gonna try and start hitting the heck out of job fairs As well, never hurts.

North, thanks worth looking into, we use to go up to Duluth every summer as a kid, usually for a couple days hit the zoo and get some smoked fish. Can scratch that off the list now though I don't typically buy anything already smoked lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk