Any Rum Drinkers Here?

Started by Oldman, May 04, 2006, 02:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldman

QuotePickled corpse tumbles out of rum barrel
Thirsty Hungarians find surprising cause for drink's 'special taste'

Reuters Updated: 1:48 p.m. ET May 4, 2006

BUDAPEST, Hungary - Hungarian builders who drank their way to the bottom of a huge barrel of rum while renovating a house got a nasty surprise when a pickled corpse tumbled out of the empty barrel, a police magazine Web site reported.

According to online magazine www.zsaru.hu, workers in Szeged in the south of Hungary tried to move the barrel after they had drained it, only to find it was surprisingly heavy and were shocked when the body of a naked man fell out.

The Web site said that the body of the man had been shipped back from Jamaica 20 years ago by his wife in the barrel of rum in order to avoid the cost and paperwork of an official return.
According to the Web site, workers said the rum in the 300-liter barrel had a "special taste" so they even decanted a few bottles of the liquor to take home.

The wife has since died and the man was buried in a proper grave.

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Habanero Smoker

I'm a rum drinker, but now giving it second thoughts. My Symantec software is blocking that site, and would not allow my browser to open it. Did the article say how the man died. I'm assuming he drank himself to death ;D

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

oguard

I am a rum drinker and that must have been real happy after death. :D :D :D

Mike
Catch it,Kill it,Smoke it.

iceman

Man I hope I go that way. My two best friends are both named Ron. Ron Rico and Ron Bacardi. ;D

whitetailfan

Quote from: iceman on May 05, 2006, 09:24:10 AM
Man I hope I go that way. My two best friends are both named Ron. Ron Rico and Ron Bacardi. ;D
Don't forget Ron Cabana
What a strange pattern :P
Vegetarian is an ancient aboriginal word meaning "lousy hunter"
We have enough youth...how about a fountain of smart?
Living a healthy lifestyle is simply choosing to die at the slowest possible rate.

tsquared

I'm not usually a rum drinker--my hard liquor is generally scotch. I got as far as pouring myself a couple of fingers just now but then I remembered it was Cinco de Mayo so I poured it back in the bottle and got out a nice bottle of reposado and am enjoying that. Viva Mexico!
T2

car54

Bacardi Gold is my drink of choice. I prefer a dark rum.

Is this story  any different then a worm in tequila?

Brad

Habanero Smoker

My preference in rum is Ron Pampero Anniversario.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)