Generator application?

Started by Navysmoker, February 21, 2007, 05:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Navysmoker

I was wondering if anyone had used the generator on a full size standup freezer.  I have one that is not operational.  The inside is lined with plastic and insulation.  Pretty sure that would have to come out.  If this does work are there any restricions on what you can do with this big of a smoker.  Thanks for all your help.

NePaSmoKer

yes you have to strip all the plastic out of it. This is including the door seal and all insulation.

nepas

outlander

my homegrown smokers aprox 2foot sqaure and 5 feet high (internal size) and the gen fills it full of smoke with out any probs.

Wildcat

Welcome to the forum Navysmoker!  I live in Milton (Pensacola area) Florida.  Lots of Navy folks here. ;)
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

iceman

Here's a couple of full size smokers that use the Bradley generators Navysmoker.
Just some ideas for you to look at.
Click on the picture to enlarge it.

LilSmoker

Nice heavy duty smokers there iceman, they look like they can handle anything  ;)
<<< Click Me For Great Recipes

Mr Walleye

Holy "Smokes" Iceman!

Now that's "Supersized"!

:o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o

Nice job Ice!

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

whitetailfan

Navy,
I see this is your first post, so you may not have read much yet.
The stainless generator as a product on its own comes with extra mounting hardware for you to drill out a hole in a fridge and place an insert through.  The generator hangs off of that adapter.  The bradley that comes complete with tower does not have this, as the tower is built to hang the generator.

In fact the smoke gen product comes with instructions from Bradley on adapting a full size fridge ie its their recommended product to use the generator on.

If you have the fridge, give it a shot, you ought to be happy.  Those smoke gens put out a good amount of smoke!
Vegetarian is an ancient aboriginal word meaning "lousy hunter"
We have enough youth...how about a fountain of smart?
Living a healthy lifestyle is simply choosing to die at the slowest possible rate.

Gordo

Looks like the box is wired seperately...are the elements too much for the generator?  I ask because I am at the tail end of my own homebrew.  I will put the pictures online when I get it done.

Mine has a fan on the inside, for those who have installed a fan - Are you wiring it seperate from the box?

Thanks,

Gordo
Gordo
Unskyled laber

Mr Walleye

Hi Gordo

I set my circulation fan up separate so I could choose to use it or not. Although I always do use it.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

PigOut

Hey Pat,
  Are they your smokers ? I'm impressed. I'll have to make me one of them !

Skip

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven

When Pigs fly around here,there's a trail of smoke comin from em !!

NePaSmoKer

When i grew up i wanted to be the road runner........Beep Beep Zip.....Dang

But now i wanna be ice and build cool smokers.

Hmmmmm from nepas to nepa-ice       Naaaaaaa my wife wud kill me for building more smokers. I wud have to build me a house by the burnt down chikin coop  :o  :o

Anyways

Very Very nice smokers iceman. You need to watermark your pix so's they dont get stolen  ;D  ;D  ;D

nepas

iceman

Both my smokers and two more in the garage in progress getting ready for summer. Anns having a frigging fit over all this but she gets real nice to me when she gets to invite friends over and they chow down on the finished product. :D ;D ;) I like to feed crowds without the "having enough space" syndrome. :o :) I swore I'd stop building them but then again I said the same thing about to much rum. :D Hmmm.... Maybe I said that on to much rum!!! ;D :D ;)

PigOut

Are you fabricating the cabinets yourself ? I'm a fabricator and that looks like some nice work !

Skip

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven

When Pigs fly around here,there's a trail of smoke comin from em !!

iceman

Quote from: PigOut on March 24, 2007, 05:34:42 PM
Are you fabricating the cabinets yourself ? I'm a fabricator and that looks like some nice work !

Skip
First one from the ground up, the second was an old Traulsen refer unit I tore apart and reinsulated and made doors for.