Heading to New England...

Started by ghost9mm, September 21, 2011, 06:27:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ghost9mm

We are now up in Maine....the first picture is of the Nubble Lighthouse which is one of the most photographed in the US...the other two are from Bar Harbor Maine...the first picture in Bar Harbor is atop Cadillac Mountain in Acadia National Park, the picture of the lighthouse I had to get my better camera out....

Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

muebe

Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

squirtthecat

Very nice!  I've seen those views before..

classicrockgriller

Awesome!

I only got to go to Paducah.

KyNola

Quote from: classicrockgriller on September 26, 2011, 08:26:27 PM
Awesome!
I only got to go to Paducah.
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Sonny, that is hilarious!  Wasted a perfectly good mouthful of beer and pretty sure I may have destroyed my computer. ;D

SL2010

Great photos very awesome  ;D ;D

ghost9mm

We went over to Mt Washington New Hampshire to ride the Cog train...My wife and I have been here 3 times before and this is the nicest weather we have had, the other times were snow and ice..today it was 46 at the top...the first few times here they were using the older coal fired steamers and now they use diesels... :(
The engines push the cars up and restrict them coming back down with the help of control brake wheel in the passenger cars...
The first picture is of the older coal fired steamer, and no the small engine is not broke...it is build like that so the boiler is level going up the hill...
The second picture is of the diesel engine...

The third,forth and fiifth pictures are of the cog train going up...

This picture is of the cog drive on the engine....

The last picture is at the top were the winds were clocked 231 mph april 1934...the appalachian trail crosses just a few feet from here...they told us today the visibility was to 85 miles...really nice...

MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

hal4uk

Wow!  That's a crazy nice view, Ghost!
No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

Quarlow

That is super cool. I love trains. In fact I am going to the model train show in Lynden WA. on saturday. I need inspiration to finish my "N" scale train set.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

OU812

Great pictures Gary!

I love seein the great out doors.

TestRocket

Some really great PICS! Thanks for showing us your views!  ;D

Tenpoint5

You know that Miss Pat, She gets better looking each Day Gary!!  8) ;D
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

ghost9mm

Well we are headed home and these were taken up in northern Pa. Potter county...I still owned 350 acres up here that I lease out to potato growers......this is at the 3200 ft level...the leaves are just beautiful....

MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

OU812

Now that looks like a fun drive, love the pictures Gary.

Ka Honu

One of the few things worth seeing in life that we don't get in paradise is fall foliage.  Beautiful photos - Mahalo.