100 things a man should know!

Started by Caneyscud, January 06, 2009, 12:53:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smoking Duck

Wasn't me Mike  ;D ;D  Although, it seems as if Caney is looking to take over my title (which I'd gladly relinquish).  ;)

I know what Tatting is Deb.  I've hot one on each upper arm, one on the right leg, one on the left forearm and one on the right chest  ;D

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

Tenpoint5

Quote from: cowgirl on January 06, 2009, 01:35:59 PM
I'm sure you two are right.  ;D
I guess the ironing and sewing aren't that important.
Didn't see anything listed about reading directions. I have always heard that real men do not look at instructions or ask for directions.  ;D

I don't read instructions, I'm never lost I always know my way home!!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

pensrock

QuoteUnfortunately I do know how to iron and sew along with (and I am going to resent I said this - I know I am, I know I am) knitting, crocheting and tatting.  And I clean toilets, cook, take out the trash, and make the bed.  (ohh my head is hurting already).

;D ;D Mike....... Hazel. SD you may have just lost your title.  ;D ;D

Since I live alone I have to do most everything myself also. But since my wardrobe consists of camo, jeans, flannel and t-shirts. There is really no reason for ironing. Don't own a sewing machine, remember I said I was single  ;D  ;D I do have a dishwasher, but its the wrong kind....... it won't put the dishes away.  ;D

Mr Walleye

One word Pens.....

Paperplates!

:D  :D  :D  ;D

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Smoking Duck

Quote from: pensrock on January 07, 2009, 12:42:51 PM
QuoteUnfortunately I do know how to iron and sew along with (and I am going to resent I said this - I know I am, I know I am) knitting, crocheting and tatting.  And I clean toilets, cook, take out the trash, and make the bed.  (ohh my head is hurting already).

;D ;D Mike....... Hazel. SD you may have just lost your title.  ;D ;D

Since I live alone I have to do most everything myself also. But since my wardrobe consists of camo, jeans, flannel and t-shirts. There is really no reason for ironing. Don't own a sewing machine, remember I said I was single  ;D  ;D I do have a dishwasher, but its the wrong kind....... it won't put the dishes away.  ;D

So that kinda makes you like Al Borland from Tool Time?  ;D ;D ;D

pensrock

QuoteOne word Pens.....

Paperplates!

You got it Mike!  ;D

QuoteSo that kinda makes you like Al Borland from Tool Time?

Not quite, I think Al irons his flannels.  :)
Although I'd love to spend some time with Heidi.  ;) ::) ;D Hmmmm pens borland  ;D

Smoking Duck

If you're going to dream, dream big  ;D ;D :o

deb415611

Quote from: Smoking Duck on January 07, 2009, 10:22:26 AM

I know what Tatting is Deb.  I've hot one on each upper arm, one on the right leg, one on the left forearm and one on the right chest  ;D

from wikipedia   - Tatting is a technique for handcrafting a particularly durable lace constructed by a series of knots and loops. Tatting can be used to make lace edging as well as doilies, collars, and other decorative pieces. The lace is formed by a pattern of rings and chains formed from a series of cow hitch (or half-hitch) knots, called double stitches (ds), over a core thread. Gaps can be left between the stitches to form picots, which are used for practical construction as well as decorative effect.
Tatting dates to the early 19th century. The term for tatting in most European languages is derived from French frivolité, which refers to the purely decorative nature of the textiles produced by this technique. The technique was developed to imitate point lace.[1]

I bet you look great in lace Duck ;D

Mr Walleye

Quote from: deb415611 on January 07, 2009, 03:11:16 PM

Ohhhh that's so good Deb....

:D  :D  :D  :D  ;D

Hazel is back!  :o

LMAO

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Smoking Duck

Quote from: Smoking Duck on January 07, 2009, 10:22:26 AM

from wikipedia   - Tatting is a technique for handcrafting a particularly durable lace constructed by a series of knots and loops. Tatting can be used to make lace edging as well as doilies, collars, and other decorative pieces. The lace is formed by a pattern of rings and chains formed from a series of cow hitch (or half-hitch) knots, called double stitches (ds), over a core thread. Gaps can be left between the stitches to form picots, which are used for practical construction as well as decorative effect.
Tatting dates to the early 19th century. The term for tatting in most European languages is derived from French frivolité, which refers to the purely decorative nature of the textiles produced by this technique. The technique was developed to imitate point lace.[1]

Wikipedia knows nothing about street slang, Deb  ;D  When you live on the mean streets, words take on new meaning.  I'm just a lyrical gangsta  ;D

However, you're not the first that has said that, Deb  :o :o ;D

westexasmoker

Quote from: Mr Walleye on January 07, 2009, 03:46:15 PM

Ohhhh that's so good Deb....

:D  :D  :D  :D  ;D

Hazel is back!  :o

LMAO

Mike

Ohhhh that paints a picture, now I'm gonna have to go smoke my eyes out with mesquite!  ;D

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

pensrock

lol good one Deb.  ;D ;D

To be honest I had no clue what 'tatting' was. So now we all know.  ;)

Smoking Duck

I found this on the Smoking Duck terms from the Street website (I believe it can be reached at www.SmokingDuckisalyricalgangster.com):

Tatting, verb, the act of getting tattoed with some serious ink so as to keep up one's street cred.

Wow, even I have a hard time believing that crap  ;) ;D ;D

pensrock

;D ;D ;D
Nice try SD but I think Deb got ya there.  ;)

I have heard of tatting as you describe it.
Too bad it's not in the wikipedia.  ::)

Smoking Duck

Ahhhhhh, she always gets me......I gotta get up pretty early to keep a step ahead of her  :D  But, seeing as I'm unemployed, it just ain't happening  ;)