New smoker comes today

Started by JGW, September 02, 2009, 12:05:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JGW

Hi all,

Have my OBS on it's way today.  Longtime smoker, but my charcoal smoker was getting a bit long in the tooth - so I upgraded to less work/more beer  ;D

Although I live in CA now (Mojave Desert), grew up in mid Texas (with frequent trips to Lockhart  ;) ) and am a big fan of Brisket.  Looking forward to sharing recipes, secrets, etc with everyone.  Even it's just chatting away, drinking beer and telling lies :D

Tenpoint5

Welcome Aboard JGW, with that attitude you will fit in just fine around here.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

KyNola

Welcome aboard JGW,
If you're a brisket lover you need to get to know WTS, also known as WestTexasSmoker.  He is the king of brisket on this forum.  He has but one tiny flaw.  He thinks the only wood God ever created is mesquite.

Be sure to check out his tutorial on briskets in the Bradley at the recipe site.  The site has lots of recipes and lots of information that folks new to Bradley's might need to know.

The site link is www.susanminor.org

KyNola

FLBentRider

W E L C O M E  to the Forum JGW!

Sounds like you'll fit in here just fine.

Recipe site - check

Make sure you never run your smoker with the vent closed.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

mikeradio

Caneyscud

Welcome JGW sounds like you are family already - also grew up in mid-Tex (now TN), love the Lockhart joints (going to hit them in 3 weeks - can't wait), and my fav is Brisket. 

Looking forward to your secrets and recipes and keep in mind that there are those on the forum here that are rabid for pics.  Just a warning!
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

Hopefull Romantic

Welcome aboard JGW and congrats on your new purchase.

Lots of good folks here that can guide you in anything you need regarding Bradley; from smoking almost anything to fixing almost every thing related thereto.

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

jerry52

Season it and get going do not hold back . With this group and the bradley smoker, life will take on a whole new meaning .
Just finished a pork tenderloin 10 min. ago check out my post
jerry52  Bonita Springs Fl,     Good luck and welcome

mikecorn.1

WElcome to the forum. Theres no lies here  ;D. All the truth. Remember the FAQ"S link where you can find lots of answere. and the recipe site. I have links at the bottom of my post also. Happy smoking.  :D
Mike

muzzletim

Welcome to the forum and yes you will have more time for beer!! MMMMMM
Tim

OU812

JGW once you get the hang of the Bradley you wont be using the old lump burner much.  :D

pkcdirect

Welcome JGW, Glad to have you with us.

This is the place to learn, lots of good info and helpful friendly Members.

Paul

Paul    

MES 40" w/1200 Watt Element & Window
Bradley BSS
A-MAZE-N-SMOKER