What type of music do you listen to?

Started by Smoking Duck, November 30, 2008, 08:24:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beefmann

Classic rock , country, western, with some  blue grass ( not the  kind you  smoke in the bradley either ) and occisionaly  jazz

stillsmoking

Oh shoot, you know all the good stuff.  Classic Rock, southern rock, some of that AC/DC, Jim Croce, Blues, Soul, Bluegrass, Johnny Cash, Waylon, Willie, The Hag, George Thorogood, Creedence, The Blues Brothers, Country, Classic even a little opera here and there (Bugs Bunny was my teacher) and a whole lot of stuff that is unclassifiable.  Been listening to public radio for years because it has been all that is available in the places I live.  That has exposed me to a ton of stuff I would have never heard any other way.  I like a lot of what I hear.  In the end I like damn near anything with a beat, a few voices that just capture you and take you for a ride, horns, guitars, drums, some rhythm and being able to dance to it don't hurt at all.

deb415611

Smokin Soon

West Coast Sausage Maker

soylent green is people

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: Smoking Duck on November 30, 2008, 12:32:52 PM
Broccoli is awesome.....forget about the fun I have when it makes me gassy, but a slab of butter and some sea salt...sweet jimmy crack corn.....that's about as healthy eating as I get.

And as far as Kid Rock is concerned, the dude hangs with Bocephus..' nuff said  ;D

Yeah he is in good company............. I'd like to spit some beechnut in that dudes eye  :D

Yeah good ol  country rock, carl perkins, roy orbison, jr brown, cash and the list goes on.

nepas

La Quinta

I like classic rock, southern rock....but I am a Motown girl...sorry to dissappoint....am a young adult of the 70's...actually...I love classical as well...classical has to be really loud...(actually I lay on the floor in the living room) and blast classical...Hubby thinks I'm a freak!!!  :D (Oh well)  ;D

LilSmoker

I love all kinds of music of all ages  ;)
<<< Click Me For Great Recipes

Scotty-G

Classic Rock, Alternative, 80's Power Ballads, Classical & not sure in what category you would place Sarah Brightman/Andre Bocelli

It's crazy but one of my favorite workout CDs is the Rocky IV Soundtrack.  The movie was just on TV last night so that was cool to watch again  ;D

love the smoke

LTS

Wildcat

My wife and I enjoy almost any type of music except rap.  Everything from Big Band, to Bluegrass, to country, to rock.  I guess my favorite is probably all music from the 40's, 50's, and 60's.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

Tenpoint5

I am Game for anything. Ain't quite up for any of the rap stuff. Hell I'm to old to put my ear next to the speaker to try an figure out what the heck they are trying to say
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

nickld

Sometimes I'm a little bit country; sometimes I'm a little bit rock-n-roll; sometimes a bit bluegrass or folk. I guess I'd have to say my favourite all time bend, no matter what flavor, would have to be: THE WHO...... 8)

Buck36

I like....

Cold beer on a Friday night
A pair of jeans that fit just right
And the radio up
Well I`ve seen the sunrise
See the love in my woman`s eyes
Feel the touch of a precious child
And know a mother`s love

....country

Consiglieri

Anything where the artist has strong feeling.  Appropriately, the iPod was playing Pigs on the Wing while I was reading these posts.  But I don't think that pig got et. 

For me, I know it when I hear it, but can't really describe it.  Folsom Prison Blues is a good example.  Like the song, but I'm not partial to country/western. 

Some of my favorite songs, off the top of my head:

I feel fine; Beatles
Into the Mystic; Van Morrison
About a Girl, Nirvana
So What; Miles Davis
Beyond Belief; Elvis Costello
Maggie Magill and Peace Frog; Doors
Folsom Prison; Tenessee Stud by Mr. Cash
Rivers of Babylon; Jimmy Cliff. 
Stone Free, Hendrix
Good Morning Heartache; Billie Holliday
Thing That Should not be; Metallica
Walk; Pantera
Summer Wind; Sinatra
Let's Go; The Cars.

No rhyme or reason, but plenty of smiles.  Time for a fresh coldie, I'd say.   ;D
Consiglieri