Greetings from Massachusetts

Started by What's that great smell?, December 26, 2012, 09:36:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's that great smell?

I guess I was a very good boy this year, because for Christmas I got a new 6 Rack Digital Smoker.  Unfortunately, when I took it out of the box I discovered that it was damaged!   :(

It's going to be another week to ship me a new unit, but in the meantime I've ordered some Bubba Pucks and an assortment of bisquettes from http://www.yardandpool.com.

Aside from the smoker, cover, bisquettes and Bubba Pucks, are there any other "must-haves" that a Bradley newbie needs to know about?  I currently use a Great Outdoors Smoky Mountain propane smoker, so I already have meat thermometers and silicone gloves that I use when smoking.

KyNola

Welcome to the forum.  Sorry to hear about your Bradley though.  While not absolutely necessary you might want to consider Frogmats.  They are a mesh type high temp mat that goes in your racks that prevents things from stickiing and if you are smoking small things like nuts the mats prevent them from falling through.

Pretty sure Yard and Pool has them.

STLstyle

Just bought some frog mats from yard and pool and love them.  I started with 3 but now wish I had 3 more...

Sent from my iPhone
DBS 6 Rack
Dual 500W Element Mod
BBQ Guru DigiQ / Raptor Combo

beefmann

a et 732 thermometer comes in handy, with duel meat probes, also seal the probe end before useing

Habanero Smoker

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

mikecorn.1

Welcome to the forum!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
Mike

Ketch22

Smoker John

Bradley Digital 4 Rack