Looking for a "Fiery" GB Jerky!

Started by Smokin Soon, May 01, 2009, 05:58:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smokin Soon

Boys at work keep saying "yawn" on the heat level of my GB Jerky. The Hi mountain "Inferno" with added heat is not enough. I can only take so much myself, but these guys wanna sweat! The ones from Nepa are great for me and the wife. Finally completed my coffee can savings from last year and my Cabella's 80l will be here on the 6th. Got the cart and the overpriced screens also. I have been drying in the oven and think the Cabella will do a much better job, judging from what the folks here say. I have a lot of Hispanic and Asian markets available, so I should be able to get what I need to produce some "HEAT"! ::)

FLBentRider

I added cayenne pepper powder to the HM inferno.

That got their attention.

I used quite a bit.

:o ::) ;D
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

deb415611

What about adding habanero powder?

Smokin Soon

I have tried using both, something in the long process of smoking-dehydrating seems to mellow things out. I was thinking to eliminate the smoke and see what gives. All attempts have been tasty to me, but the animals in the shop crave more!

Tenpoint5

Find you some siriachi red pepper sauce. With a Chicken on the label. Mix some of that in with your GB. That will take care of the heathens. It did for me. I found some at walmart. most Asian stores carry it.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

NePaSmoKer

S Soon

You want some major heat check out this link. Be very careful on some of these. I have the 3 am and its major hot. I use just a tooth pick drop.

http://extremefood.com

nepas

pensrock

Another thing you can try is when the smoked meat comes out of the smoker sprinkle it with the hot powder, then put it into the dehydrator, the powder should stick to the surface of the jerky. Cayenne powder should be hot enough to get most peoples attention, then theres habenaro and if thats not enough try Naga or Bhut, if you can find it, but be very careful its really really hot. Speaking from personal experience.

Gizmo

As NePa mentioned, the Blair's is extreme and that is an understatement.   I dare say, it can send people to the hospital so try it with caution.  Pens has a great idea.  If you get some Spontaneous Combustion Habanero powder and sprinkle it on before dehydrating, that should sooth the chili head soul.   
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

Smokin Soon

I never thought about adding seasoning after the smoke. I was mixing it into the ground meat. I will check my local Hispanic markets first to see what powders they have available. Thanks for the input from everyone!