Taco Melts

Started by Tenpoint5, October 10, 2009, 05:49:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tenpoint5

Score another Hit for Momma started with 16 of these. I went to get another one and they was gone. The yardapes ate them all. I did manage to scarf 4 of them first though!! ;D ;D

Taco Melts

Ingredients

1 package taco seasoning mix
2/3 cup water
1 1/2 cups chunky salsa
1 lb lean ground beef. cooked and drained
1 can (16.3oz) Grands refrigerated biscuits
1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese or mexican cheese blend (4oz)
1 cup sour cream if desired

Directions
1) Heat oven 375*
2) In medium saucepan, cook taco seasoning mix, water, 1/2 cup of the salsa and cooked ground beef until thickened
3) Press each biscuit into a 6-inch round. Fill each with taco mixture and 1 Tbls cheese. Fold dough over filling and press to seal. Place on a greased cookie sheet.
4) Bake 9-14 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with remaining salsa, cheese, and sour cream

***Note*** We added lettuce and black olives

Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Hopefull Romantic

10.5 I just would love to know, with all them recipes that you guys post, how many meals a day do you guys eat.

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

pensrock

Those look great! Tell momma she did good!  :)

classicrockgriller

Momma did good. C&P another.

BigJohnT

We have taco night here about once a week this would be a good change.

Thanks for sharing
JT

Tenpoint5

Momma got this recipe and the one for Breakfast Eyeball at Boxtops 4 education. That little red square you find on top of everything. Even if you dont have kids or yours are all growed up. cut that little square off and when you get a bunch of them give them to a near bye grade school. Our school raised $1,000 from them last year. Yeah $1,000 one Dime at a time. The recipes state how many boxtops you can get per recipe.

http://www.boxtops4education.com/earn/clip/Recipes.aspx

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

BigJohnT

I'll have to look for the red square... I'm all for helping out those who need it when I can. The kids are all grown up and the grand kids are growing like weeds and all live in Texas so we don't get to spoil them enough.

JT

NePaSmoKer

HOLY MACKERAL ANDY  :D

I want some of these. NICE

nepas

Caribou

What a great idea, rolling out the biscuits to make the taco shell.
Carolyn

rdevous

This is going on the menu for this week.........with some black beans and rice on the side!!!  THANK YOU!!!

Ray

If you can't smoke it.....you don't need it!!!

pensrock

You can take this idea and go anywhere with it. Pulled pork and BBQ sauce would be great. Italian cold cuts with some cheese. Breakfast sausage, how about pizza?

BigJohnT

I'm making this tonight (my wife likes it when I cook). When you fold them over and press to seal does it open back up in the oven or do you pry them apart to add the greenery?

Thanks
John

Tenpoint5

Some open on their own and most you have to gently pry open.

BigJohnT

Thanks

I can't wait to try them.

John

Caneyscud

Darn good looking eats!!  Those sorta look like puffy tacos only flour and not corn.  Ate a bunch of puffy tacos on my last trip including the place that had the puffy taco throwdown with Bobby Flay
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"