Basic Question about Bradley

Started by SteveB, January 30, 2006, 10:30:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteveB

Hi Folks,

I dont have a BS but would like to buy one. The only question I have may be a dumb one but here goes:

Where does the smoke go? Is there a outlet for the smoke?

I'm concerned about using the smoker in a built up housing area, how much smoke is generated etc. Is it similar to a standard bbq?

Thanks in advance

manxman

Hi SteveB, welcome to the forum.

There is a vent at the top of the smoker which lets the smoke out, this is adjustable and typically I have mine perhaps half to two thirds open when smoking.

Obviously there is a fair bit of smoke produced in a BS but I use mine in a pretty built up area and in my view they are less intrusive than a barbecue and I do both regularly, particularly in the summer.

I have only had the odd positive comment from the neighbours as to how nice it smells although I do take care not to position it upwind of anyone with washing on the line!!

Plus by the time you have given them the odd bit of smoked cheese or some smoked ribs, mackerel or whatever they are hardly going to complain in any case![}:)]

Joking apart, I would be surprised if it caused a problem.[:)]

Manxman.
Manxman

Oldman

You can see at the bottom right of this opening page how much smoke it creates.

http://susan.rminor.com/

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

SteveB

Thanks Guys, question answered, much appreciated.

Steve

manxman

No problem Steve, does that mean you are going ahead with getting a BS.

If so .......... happy smoking.[;)]

Manxman.
Manxman

twolone

The smoke created is far less threatening than a typical "smoking" BBQ. Having said that the BS produces fantastic smoke per product description. I think even you Brits deep in the heart of London would be fine, though. Plus, the BS smoke is so clean it just attracts people...BEWARE!

Longhorns & Cowboys. BBQ of Champions.