G'Day from Downunder Australia

Started by drtinson, January 06, 2010, 10:23:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drtinson

I have had my Bradley Digital Smoker for a few months now and I must say it is one of the best things I have ever bought. Everything has turned out magnificently. All my friends gave me a very blank look when I told them I had bought a smoker. It is just is not something that people do here on the BBQ. Once they try the food they all rave about it. My 22 year old daughter came up and asked if I was ever going to cook normally again.  You can guess what the answer was. I also told her that in case of fire we save the Smoker first.
I tried Spyguy Lox Smoked Salmon and it was sooo... good. Never buying smoked salmon again. I just wish I could get salmon as good as what you can get in North America, then life would be perfect.

Quarlow

Hello drtinson welcome to the forum. I am very glad to here you have the addiction of smoke. If you are going to hooked on something there is nothing better than smoke. If you have any questions just ask and someone will answer soon enough. I guess you have learned to keep the vent open since you have been lurking around since october absorbing the vast knowledge of these fanatics. Good to have you on board.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

classicrockgriller

drtinson, welcome aboard. Nice to have you here.

Smokin in the Bradley is a Dream. The best thing about it is that it just gets better.

Looking forward to some great smoke post from Australia and you.

Ka Honu

I'm guessing there may be a "friendly" rivalry brewing now that we have both Aussies and Kiwis on board.  Ought to get some good recipes out of that (but no photos comparing your favorite sheep, please).

3rensho

Welcome drtinson.  Gonna throw a shrimp on the Bradley?  ;D ;D

Tom
Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.

Tenpoint5

Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

MPTubbs

Welcome aboard drtinson.

Keep the vent open and the smoke roll'n!
If your so cool....where's your Tattoo.

Paddlinpaul

Gidday from upover! Welcome to the forum!
With my Bradley, no one tells me to quit smoking!

Halifax Aussie

Hay another Aussie.
I grew up in Victoria and later moved up north to the Tropics and now live in the rotten snow !
Do us a favor and try smokin some roo fillet  and let us know how it comes out.
Finding it hard to get some good Roo over here in Canada !

Where you from is Oz? 

PS :I see its getting warm over there I did a bit of smoking in the webbers when I lived there but the "smoke taste" was not as prominent as it is in the Bradley !
Have fun mate and go the Aussies .
In 1992, Newfoundland scientists discovered that Bacon was made from pigs.

KevinG

Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

oakville smoker

D'day mate and welcome aboard
Oz is my favourite place in the world
There was something about it that was magical for me and I have travelled teh world
Its easier to talk of places I have not been than places I have
And I came home with a damn addiction to Aussie rules, too many Friday nights at the MCC

I was in Melnourne for 3 months a few years back and I cried when I had to come home
I would kill for a VB some days  ( Victoria Bitter from Melbourne )
If I ever get back, it will be a ONE WAY ticket

Welcome again, you're going to love it here
And yes you can smoke that .......
All I wanted to do was slow smoke some ribs.  Another addiction created thanks to the Bradley that requires regular servicing...  But what an addiction to have.  Even better to share here with some of the best people on the planet.

Would you like smoke with that sir ?

oakrdrzfan

I just got back from spending 3.5 years in Oz.  Worked in Sydney and Brisbane.  We loved it.  Lots of tears by everyone when we got transferred back to the States. 

KevinG

Quote from: MPTubbs on January 07, 2010, 04:41:50 AM
Welcome aboard 3rensho.

I think he's been here a while  ;D
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

MPTubbs

Quote from: KevinG on January 07, 2010, 12:36:47 PM
Quote from: MPTubbs on January 07, 2010, 04:41:50 AM
Welcome aboard 3rensho.

I think he's been here a while  ;D

I fixed it.....sorry!
If your so cool....where's your Tattoo.

Hoss

Life is not like a box of chocolates.  It's more like a jar of jalapenos - What you do Today might really burn your ass tomorrow.