Tuesday night - anybody gonna be chatting?

Started by Tiny Tim, October 23, 2007, 02:22:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiny Tim

I'll be there around 8 Central time....give or take half an hour.

iceman

I'm shooting for 6 Alaska time depending on the snow on the highway.

Duster

well, I am gonna try but I seem to be having a hard time figuring it out. ???
I have never used olds chat room before so I registered and singed in but I'm not seeing any activity. It's just after 8 pm EDT so am I doing something wrong or am just too early?

Duster

OK I give up evidently I am completely computer illiterate cause I am having no luck in the chat room I'm not even sure I'm in the right place
http://www.susanminor.org/forums/chat.php?
is that correct?
all I get is a white screen that says my user name and below that it says invalid user name or password.
please help

Wildcat

Right place but first during registration you must have a user name and password.  I use the same as I have on here.  Before you try to enter the chat room be sure to sign in.  I am going there now.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

Duster

well wild cat I see you and olds are in there when I click on the "who's chatting" drop down under "chat room" but when I click on "enter chat room" I just get the same white screen ??? I did register beforehand and when I log in it says welcome Duster in the upper right hand corner so I think it recognizes me as a member but for some reason it just says invalid user name or password in the chat room. I hate technology

Scotty-G

I am trying to log in for the first time and getting a endless cycle of Java trying to load but unable to enter chat room
Scotty-G

Now I get a red X in the window  ??? ??? ???

owrstrich

im in...

i dont know how to help you folks... i know you need to have java enabled... and you have to get a login...

do that... let me know what the issues are after getting those out of the way...

owrstrich
i am johnny owrstrich... i disapprove of this post...

Tiny Tim

Quote from: Scotty-G on October 23, 2007, 07:53:20 PM
I am trying to log in for the first time and getting a endless cycle of Java trying to load but unable to enter chat room
Scotty-G

Now I get a red X in the window  ??? ??? ???

I'm assuming you went through the registration process, and received an activation e-mail from Olds.  If so, then you need to have one of the latest Java updates.  After that, I'm not really sure how to help, but maybe if we trade more information, we can get ya set up for next week.

Duster

well I thought I'd better make note on here that I finally was able to enter the chat room late last night. I'm not sure what I did other than keep trying. I think maybe since I was trying to log into the chat room right after registration and was unable to that there may be some delay time needed between registration and when the site fully recognizes a member? I don't know if that makes sense or if that is even possible but hey at least it's working for me now! see ya next week, hopefully sooner this time.

Wildcat

Olds had to do something and then send you an e-mail indicating your access.  I think he did that last night as we were chatting.  You also need one of the current Java's.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

Scotty-G

Latest Java I guess was the thing for me.  Had a Java update and then reboot and everything worked.  Made on for a few minutes before having to shut down.

Tiny Tim

Good to hear Scotty...see ya next week then?