Digital 6 Rack Smoker: Heating Element Enough?

Started by jebjr, February 15, 2016, 03:21:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jebjr

Hi YA'LL Fellow Smokers!!

I have had the Original Bradley Smoker for years now and am ready to upgrade to the Digital 6-Rack Smoker.
Here is my question for the 'experienced ones'!

I realize that Bradley has not provided a larger/higher wattage burner for the Digital 6-Rack Smoker as compared to the Digital 4-Rack Smoker. I really love the idea of the plastic sheds for the smoker and I already have plans to build a simple wood frame underneath to hold the shed and my smoker on a shelf and attach simple wheels to the bottom.

As I'm in Colorado Front Range (Aurora) the winds can be really crazy and yes, we do get very cold sometimes with some snow but that never, ever stops me from grilling or smoking (I hate summer heat & love the cold and am very, very familiar with Wisconsin)! In fact, I go camping in the mountains in my trailer when it's cold as I enjoy it (wifeypoo doesn't camp). She thinks I'm crazy!!

I've checked some other people's set-up and am impressed with the sheds.The reason I will have wheels is so that I can store it on the deck on the back wall of the house and wheel it out to the open part of the deck so that the back of the house doesn't turn brown. Yes, we just had siding installed but you should see the color of the house before so caused from the grill (yes, my neighbor's think I'm crazy too... grilling and smoking in a winter snow storm)!  Bunch of WINTER WIMPS!!

So I'm thinking here... that with the shed I'll be able to keep my Bradley 6-Rack Smoker out of the wind which will make it warmer and not so hard for the heating element to keep up with?!? In fact, if I need to I can put my thermostatically controlled heater underneath the shelve at a low temperature?

Any thoughts/ideas here? I do not want to mess with modifying the smoker and heating element.
I would appreciate any and all pictures that any of you could send to me especially the plastic shed set-ups that any of you might have. I'm currently looking at a SunCast Shed.

Thanks,
John...

Chappy

I went for the wooden shed option, mainly because I had one in the garden that previously stored my mower. Works a treat, especially with the wind and rain we have here in the green part of UK.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat"?