Hello a new member from Spain.

Started by Teremin, December 15, 2013, 04:37:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teremin

Hi all,my name is Manuel I'm from  Spain.I live in Castellon on the East mediterranean coast of Spain,near Valencia.

I purchase a bradley smoke generator  last month.Before I work with oak shavings  burning and the result were  very strong.
Yesterday I did a pork Ham,pork loin and bbq ribs and was very pleased with the result only thing
Is to made a better process to obtain a more little smoke flavor ,I used 12 bisquettes in this process and a lot of hours.

Next step is doing salmon,eel and cod.
I have maple and alder.Wich do you recommend?

Best wishes from Spain.
PD:Sorry about my English.

NorthShoreMN

Welcome from N E Minnesota.
I will let the more experienced comment on the woods. Your English is better than some of my close neighbors. 
Bradley 6 digital, Bradley BCS, TSM 20 stainless, Masterbuilt 30 with cold smoke attachment, BGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Q2200,Homemade grill on trailer

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live
forever." Mahatma Gandhi

beefmann

Saber 4

Welcome from Texas, I to will let the fish experts chime in with the answers to your questions.

Teremin

Thank you for your answers.Very kind.

Salmonsmoker

Welcome to the forum Teremin. Alder is the traditional salmon smoking wood in the Pacific NW. Maple, Hickory, Apple and Cherry also work well with salmon. I don't know how the eel and cod would work with alder as some claim it to be a little harsh, which I would dispute. I would go with the maple for them . It's a "softer " smoke and cod is not a strong tasting fish.
Give a man a beer and he'll waste a day.
Teach him how to brew and he'll waste a lifetime.

ragweed

Welcome to the forum from Nebraska.  I use hickory for most of my "meat" smokes.  As SS says, alder for salmon.

Teremin

Thanks ,well I try with Alder for the salmon.With pork I used special blend.
I enjoy reading recipes and watching photos.

RAF128

Welcome from Western Canada.  2 months ago I spent 3 days in your Country. We were in Barcelona before we boarded a cruise ship for Miami.  What a beautiful country and city. Very clean and people very friendly. Wife wants to go back and see more

Wildcat

Welcome to the forum. Check out the recipe site on the link at the bottom of my post.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

Teremin

Thank you again.
Im happy for your words,try again there is a lot of places,buildings,landscapes,foods,wines ,restaurants....
If I could help or have a question about ,don't hesitate.

I check out the recipes.

Dano

Welcome from Southern Ontario, Canada!  Alder, Hickory or Special Blend for Salmon as it's a stronger red fish.  (Red fish like salmon and trout can take stronger smoke than white fish such as cod, halibut, king and sword in my experience).  As for cod, alder, cherry or pacific blend works very well.  It's all about finding your smoke flavour of choice so experiement and you may find a combination that suits you best! 

Happy smoking!  :)
Proud member of PETA:  People Eating Tasty Animals.  :)

UncleAl

Welcome from Michigan this is a great place to learn all about your new Bradley Smoker