A Little Kielbasa

Started by Mr Walleye, March 30, 2013, 11:37:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Walleye

I spent all day yesterday doing a 150 lb batch of my Kielbasa for a friend. I used a blend of 50% deer and 50% pork for this batch. I didn't have many pictures but I do have a couple. It was along day so I was a little tired by the time we had it all ran through the smoker, bloomed and packaged. I think start to finish it was about 18 hours and a bottle of rum.  ;D

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Sailor

Thud....that was my jaw hitting the ground  :o  Good thing you have that large smoker or you would still be smoking a month from now.  ;D

Enough ain't enough and too much is just about right.

STLstyle

Quote from: Sailor on March 30, 2013, 11:40:24 AM
Thud....that was my jaw hitting the ground  :o  Good thing you have that large smoker or you would still be smoking a month from now.  ;D

No kidding!  Hope your buddies hungry! Looks great!
DBS 6 Rack
Dual 500W Element Mod
BBQ Guru DigiQ / Raptor Combo

Sailor

Mike, did you hot water bath them to finish or do it all in the big smoker?  This looks like a Kirby smoke :o  ;D

Enough ain't enough and too much is just about right.

Habanero Smoker

Mike;

Another great batch of sausage. I don't know how you can make 150 lbs., or the 200 lbs. you posted not too long ago, at a time.

Great job!!!

Between you and Devo, you are going to make Canada the "Sausage Capital of the World".  :)

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Mr Walleye

Thanks guys.

I did finish them in a hot water bath. I usually apply about 2 to 3 hours of smoke and look for that nice mahogany color, then in to the hot water bath at 160 degrees till they reach 155 degrees.

Mike

pikeman_95

Mike
Another great looking batch. Go big or go home. Your friend sure must be happy. Looks like lots of cracked pepper in that sausage.

Mr Walleye

Thanks Kirby.

Your mixer and stuffer got another work out!  8)

Mike

car54

impressive! Did u have help or did u drink the rum by yourself?

Mr Walleye

Quote from: car54 on March 30, 2013, 02:24:20 PM
impressive! Did u have help or did u drink the rum by yourself?

;D  ;D  ;D

My friend brought the bottle so... Well... we had to finish it!  ;D

Mike

JZ

Those look perfect and I can't believe you can do all that in ONE day. If I do a 10lb batch I think it was a busy day. Best be keeping my mouth shut. :-X

I have a printout of one of your earlier posts with your recipe and smoke / cook / bath recommendations and still use that. Great stuff.

Grouperman941

I just spent $12 K on this Honda Accord! Why can't it tow my boat?!?

iceman

Great looking batch Mike!  :)

Keymaster

Awesome Job Mike!! Those look really good!!

pikeman_95

Quote from: Mr Walleye on March 30, 2013, 01:47:52 PM
Thanks Kirby.

Your mixer and stuffer got another work out!  8)

Mike
Quote from: JZ on March 30, 2013, 05:44:13 PM
Those look perfect and I can't believe you can do all that in ONE day. If I do a 10lb batch I think it was a busy day. Best be keeping my mouth shut. :-X

I have a printout of one of your earlier posts with your recipe and smoke / cook / bath recommendations and still use that. Great stuff.

Mike has a few time savers. Here is an example of the time the mixer will save. This is a 30 pound batch in around 45 seconds to a minute.

http://s943.photobucket.com/user/pikeman_95/media/mixinggermanFrankfurters_zps58019731.mp4.html

Mike also has a large stuffer that can crank out some serious sausage.