Outside Temperature : Winter

Started by Katau, January 26, 2009, 04:59:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Katau

Hey folks...It's the middle of winter here in the mid-west and want to use my Bradley smoker.  However, it may only reach 15 F outside today.  Will this be a problem, or should I just go on with business as usual with the smoker?

Thanks in advance!

Smoking Duck

Business as usual........did a smoke about 2 weeks ago and it was in the negative numbers.  Just remember it may take a little longer for your smoker to reach temps desired, but all should be fine.  Don't keep the vent closed thinking that will help keep tower warmer......it won't.  Be sure to use hot water in the bowl when getting started.....that helps with the temps.

SD

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

NePaSmoKer

I agree with Duck, Up here in the north east pennsy i have smoked in the -1 temps, just takes longer.

enjoy

nepas

Piker

Just did a bacon smoke the other day and it was 20- in the shed where I have my smoker and actually I could control the hear better than when the weather is warm. It took 4 hrs at 175f to gwt an i.t. od 142. Tasted great. Dave

deb415611

It was about that here yesterday and did some canadian bacon with no problems,  like SD & Nepas said, just takes a little longer.