Liquor Bisquettes are here Jim Beam & Crown Royal

Started by West Coast Sausage Maker, October 10, 2008, 10:59:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

West Coast Sausage Maker

I was down at Bradley Technologies in Delta British Columbia. near Vancouver Canada, Had a tour of the bisquette production process, thanks to Brian.

Truck loads of empty Crown Royal and Jim Beam barrels were being dismembered and ground up into sawdust.  The smell in the air was intoxicating.

After the kegs are ground up, sifted and cleaned of impurities, the ground up kegs are then moved to a dryer to reduce the moisture content.

Later they are formed in a Winnebago sized press (biggest I've ever seen). After thousands of pounds of pressure these beautiful aromatic whisky pucks gently tumble out of the machine where they are conveyed to a waiting seal wrapper and then boxed in 48 pack containers.

The Bradley factory smelled more like a brewery that day. I think they are really on to something using whisky barrels.

They were producing Oak Crown Royal Bisquettes  and Hickory Jim Bean Bisquettes that day.

I will be trying out the Crown Royal Bisquettes this weekend, beef back ribs. mmmmmm can't wait.

Mike
soylent green is people

westexasmoker

I may have to change my ways....Mmmmmmmm  Jim Beam!  ;D

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

bigredsmoker

Wow, sounds like a great tour! When are the pucks suposed to hit store shelves?

NePaSmoKer

Now i can get drunk 2 ways....drinkin beam and crown and smellin it  ;D  ;D

nepas

West Coast Sausage Maker

soylent green is people

Consiglieri

I read some posts here about the availability of Crown bisquettes with Crown purchase, but I've never read anything regarding the results of smoking with those bisquettes.

Please let us know how your ribs turn out. 

Cheers. 
Consiglieri

beefmann

drunk bisquets?.... hummm... may lead to drunk meats,,, what  about basic chips and cook drink the  booze

WAIt ... use in bisquets and give every one a buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Carter

Nice to hear.  I got a box of 4 last year Oak with the Crown Royal promotion.

Although I wonder what impact the boozy biscuits will really have on meat other than being a handy sales gimmick.

Habanero Smoker

It should impart some of the Crown Royal flavor into the meat. Occasionally I use wood chips made from the barrels they age Tabasco sauce in, and that imparts a slight Tabasco flavor.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

begolf25

Quote from: Habanero Smoker on October 14, 2008, 02:03:31 PM
It should impart some of the Crown Royal flavor into the meat. Occasionally I use wood chips made from the barrels they age Tabasco sauce in, and that imparts a slight Tabasco flavor.

Hey Hab,

Where do you get those? I would sure like to try them.

Bryan

La Quinta

I had a Brinkman bullet style smoker...and we used to soak oak/hickory chunks in bourban for a couple of days and smoke ribs...I could taste the flavor (and I'm not a bourban drinker...at all) Was a killer smoke...

Habanero Smoker

Brian;

I'm a Tabasco junkie, and will eat anything that has Tabasco sauce in it. There was a period of time a pizza place near me sold pizzas with pepperoni made with Tabasco sauce.

Sorry! I started to regress. I can only find it online, ordering directly from Tabasco. Right now they are giving a free bottle of Tabasco sauce with orders of $30.00 or more. While there check out the rest of their store.

TABASCO® Wood Chips

I
         don't
                   inhale.

Ketch22

Hi Harb
Have you ever try to put Tabasco right on the Bradley smoke pucks. ::)

Habanero Smoker

Tabasco sauce burns very easily, and does not smell or taste very good once it gets to the charcoal stage. :)

The wood chips on the other hand work great in my gas grill and charcoal grill. Occasionally I will use a hot plate with the cold smoke set up to use other woods to smoke with. For some reason I haven't done that with the Tabasco wood chips. So I may smoke some spare ribs on either Thursday or Friday with the Tabasco wood.

I
         don't
                   inhale.