Grill Temp & Internal Temp For Pork Steaks?

Started by chrisluck, April 05, 2013, 07:24:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisluck

I just got my Bradley Digital Smoker and will be smoking Turkey Legs and Pork Steaks for my first run.

I'm using a thermometer probe, so I can accurately see the Internal Temp without opening up the smoker.

Quick questions...

1) What should the Grill Temp and the Internal Temp be for Pork Steaks?

2) Should I wrap the pork steaks in foil or dry rub them first?

Thanks in advance!

Habanero Smoker

Hopefully the steaks are thick, for the probe to read the internal temperature accurately. I would set the cabinet temperature at 225 - 250°F, and cook them to an internal temperature of 145°F (I generally cook to 142°F). If they are thin, keep the cabinet temperature between 210 - 225°F. I would apply about 40 - 60 minutes of smoke.

If the steaks are less then 2-inches thick, after applying the smoke I would move them to a grill or finish pan frying over the stove. If they are less then 2-inches thick, and you want to cook completely in the Bradley; I would wrap with foil and add a splash of either apple or white grape juice.

Depending on your taste, you should apply the rub shortly before placing the steaks in the smoker.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

beefmann

Quote from: Habanero Smoker on April 05, 2013, 02:26:35 PM
Hopefully the steaks are thick, for the probe to read the internal temperature accurately. I would set the cabinet temperature at 225 - 250°F, and cook them to an internal temperature of 145°F (I generally cook to 142°F). If they are thin, keep the cabinet temperature between 210 - 225°F. I would apply about 40 - 60 minutes of smoke.

If the steaks are less then 2-inches thick, after applying the smoke I would move them to a grill or finish pan frying over the stove. If they are less then 2-inches thick, and you want to cook completely in the Bradley; I would wrap with foil and add a splash of either apple or white grape juice.

Depending on your taste, you should apply the rub shortly before placing the steaks in the smoker.

x2