Anyone else homebrew?

Started by Sorce, May 14, 2010, 02:48:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quarlow

That's a good plan. I have a few of those flip tops.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

NePaSmoKer

I had some but i think me sons got to em and did teenage stuff with em when they was in the stupid years  :D

BuyLowSellHigh

Quote from: NePaSmoKer on May 16, 2010, 03:42:30 PM
I had some but i think me sons got to em and did teenage stuff with em when they was in the stupid years  :D

Do you mean that they got over the "stupid years"?  Wife tells me I'm just peaking now.   ;D
I like animals, they taste good!

Visit the Recipe site here

NePaSmoKer

Yup

Mine are both 25 and done multiple deployments to the middle east.

So i would say they aint young dumb teenagers any longer  ;D

MWS

http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=4233.0

I was an avid homebrewer up to about a year ago. I even brewed a smoked porter.  I posted the link above that has the recipe if your interested.  I discovered a local brewpub that brews a fantastic IPA which is probably why I've stopped bothering.  I have been contemplating a batch for the summer though.  Cheers
Mike 

"Men like to barbecue, men will cook if danger is involved"

BuyLowSellHigh

Quote from: NePaSmoKer on May 16, 2010, 05:52:28 PM
Yup

Mine are both 25 and done multiple deployments to the middle east.

So i would say they aint young dumb teenagers any longer  ;D

Nope - no dumb ones there.  Suspect you are rightfully proud of them and their choices.  Way to go Dad!
I like animals, they taste good!

Visit the Recipe site here

classicrockgriller

MWS, I am not a brewer, just a consumer but I do enjoy reading what others do and that was a fun read!

BigJohnT

I do a little beer and wine from time to time...

My 25 gallon brew rig...

You can read all about it on my web site.

JT

Ketch22

I have one of them mrbeers it is still in the box Guss I will have to get it out. ::)

TTNuge

Beautiful setup JT!  Is that a RIMS system where you're recirculating the wort or are you just using the pumps for the transfers?  Not all that dissimilar to my old setup although I just used gravity for most everything and had a three tiered setup that was almost up to the ceiling in my garage.

captainkm

Sorce, I've been Homebrewing for 13-14 years.  It is a great Hobie.  Two months ago myself with three partners started are own brewery.  Check it out: craftbrewingcompany.com

I recommend, if there is a Homebrew club in your area see about going to a meeting.  Here in So Cal they are all over, great people they love to help.  Kegging is the way to go.

You can start off with an extract.  you can do this on your stove in the kitchen.  I recommend a turkey fryer burner.

One place on line is morebeer.com

BigJohnT

Quote from: TTNuge on May 18, 2010, 08:42:04 AM
Beautiful setup JT!  Is that a RIMS system where you're recirculating the wort or are you just using the pumps for the transfers?  Not all that dissimilar to my old setup although I just used gravity for most everything and had a three tiered setup that was almost up to the ceiling in my garage.

It's a HERMS setup. The pump handles all functions except transfer to the boil pot and that is by gravity just to make it simple. I only have to swap one hose after the boil to send the hot wort through the Mega Chiller and it comes out at 50°F into the carboys and the cold drop is amazing to see.

Here is the HERMS coil.

Here is the Turbo CFC

John

FLBentRider

I think I'll skip the homebrew and jump right to a still!
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

KevinG

I always wanted to do a still too. Just never saw enough episodes of M.A.S.H. to figure it out.
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

FLBentRider

Quote from: KevinG on May 19, 2010, 07:08:57 AM
I always wanted to do a still too. Just never saw enough episodes of M.A.S.H. to figure it out.

http://www.moonshine-still.com/
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!