Shipped with wrong fuse

Started by pbpete, October 15, 2012, 10:53:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pbpete

I bought my BDS 6 rack about 4 months ago, and after around 6 smokes the element went. I checked the fuse, and it was burnt out. I checked the fuse against what the label on the back said on the back of the SG and found it was shipped with the wrong fuse- 10 amp, 250v. The label said 2.6amp, 240v. for New Zealand.

I swapped out the burnt element and put in the proper fuse, 15 smokes later, all good.

When I went to my Bradley supplier to get a new element, I asked to look at the fuse in their display smoker and found the same wrong fuse.

Is there a chance Bradley don't know about the fuse problem and their elements are burning out unnecessarily?

TedEbear

If 240V is the household voltage for New Zealand then that 2.6A on the label is what the Bradley uses, not what the fuse should be. 

500W element + 125W SG = 625W

625W / 240V = 2.6A

All the Bradleys come with a 10A fuse as far as I know.

KyNola

If you have not done so already I would urge you to contact Bradley directly rather than asking your question here.

Bradley (Head Office)

Hello

The fuse in the 240Volt smokers should be  250V/10 amp.

The rating label is  2.6Amp of the total power consumption (625W).

Brian.

Keymaster

I feel lucky I have never had to look at my fusey. Knock on wood :o Thanks for the bringing up the topic so we all know what the correct fusey should be ;) Sorry I worked with a old timer long ago that always called the fuseys :D

pbpete

Thank you all for your clarifications, I'll make sure the correct fuse is put in before my next smoke.