Chat Room

Started by NePaSmoKer, April 27, 2010, 06:56:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hal4uk

Quote from: classicrockgriller on April 27, 2010, 09:13:46 PM
Quote from: hal4uk on April 27, 2010, 09:09:33 PM
Uhhhh.... Arnie... If you're older than CRG...
You're technically deceased...

hal, kiss my ash!

Huh?  Waddya say?  Speak up a bit so's I can hear ya...
No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

classicrockgriller

Quote from: ArnieM on April 27, 2010, 09:09:11 PM
Thanks for the feedback Sonny.  I think I'm getting a plan together here.

Use a rub of S&P, a bit of granulated garlic and and a pinch of ancho powder.  Rest.  Do the tenderloin up with maybe an hour of oak (raw) and FTC it.  Then put it in the oven at 300 to bring it up to medium rare - Debbie likes medium so she gets the end slices.

Daughter requested baked potatoes so that's one less one less pot to wash.  Local store advertised fresh green beans for $.99/Lb but they were all out.  I'll go back later this week.  How does blanched and then done in OO and garlic sound?

I was also figuring on a salsa appetizer.  Lost the link (recent) but it looked pretty good.

Edit:  Found the link - http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=15594.0

If you have a veggie steamer, you could do two or three pag of veggies really easy with salt/pepper and dizzle of evoo after the steamin.

OR,

Use the steamin bags, they work great. No dishes for that one.

classicrockgriller

I always go less time cause I like a little fresh crunch in my veggies.

If they are not done enough, then u can nuke them for a minute or so.

classicrockgriller

Wish you had my starter to make some kick a$$ rolls.

ArnieM

Quote from: classicrockgriller on April 27, 2010, 09:24:39 PM

Me too.  You're always welcome here Sonny.  Have a nice guest room.  We'd enjoy your company.  After breakfast, though, get your a$$ back to Texas  ;D ;D ;D  Love ya.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

classicrockgriller

Quote from: ArnieM on April 27, 2010, 09:46:32 PM
Quote from: classicrockgriller on April 27, 2010, 09:24:39 PM

Me too.  You're always welcome here Sonny.  Have a nice guest room.  We'd enjoy your company.  After breakfast, though, get your a$$ back to Texas  ;D ;D ;D  Love ya.

I have made a extra starter off of this starter and am gonna mail it to myself from Houston.

If it works OK, then Ou812 wants some and I will be happy to send it out.

classicrockgriller

ArnieM

Thanks for the link Sonny.  It's an interesting read with some good ideas.  I'll make notes and take some pics of whatever I end up doing.
-- Arnie

BuyLowSellHigh

Your plan sounds excellent!  I did a whole (well trimmed and tied) beef tenderloin much as you have planned for a dinner club I belong to and it was a very big hit (that was before the Bradley).  The only difference from your plan is the finish was in a much hotter oven - 450 °F.  Went to IT of ~105 under smoke and then right into the hot oven.  The seasoning was simple - Montreal Steak Seasoning, and it was added after the smoke, along with a light oil rub, done very quickly. Final IT was 120, then foil covered for about 10 min's rest.  The accompanying sauces were homemade Worcestershire sauce -- once you try it you'll never go back to the store stuff -- and homemade horseradish & cream.
I like animals, they taste good!

Visit the Recipe site here

ArnieM

I was trying to figure out what kind of gravy to make.  The horseradish and cream sounds like a better bet.  Thanks Eric.
-- Arnie

squirtthecat

Quotehomemade Worcestershire sauce

Care to share that one?

BuyLowSellHigh

It's an Emeril Lagasse recipe - link follows.  If you can't find fresh horseradish root, you can use prepared horseradish out of a jar with just about the same result (I've made it both ways).  The recipe is here. (scroll down - it's near the bottom).

I like animals, they taste good!

Visit the Recipe site here

Tenpoint5

IS anyone heading that way tonight? I am going in right now
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Tenpoint5

then again maybe not I can't seem to find the dang thing with the new upgrade
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

ArnieM

Same here - can't find it.  That's the problem with an upgrade.
-- Arnie