Deer sausage day

Started by STLstyle, January 19, 2014, 11:35:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

STLstyle

This is a 20 man operation.  We did over 1000lbs of sausage yesterday.

We use a old uhaul trailer.  3 hours of hickory with a pan in the floor of the trailer.  We did the snack sticks on Friday.  All the logs on Saturday.  We used a 75 lb stuffer using an air compresser.

Pretty impressive operation.  We went through over 600lbs of picnic roast pork to mix with!

Had a lot of fun.  I thought you guys might enjoy the pics even though they aren't the best.

The snack sticks an sausage will both dry age.  Snack sticks take a couple of weeks.  Sausage take a month or so.  I'll post more picks when they are ready.

DBS 6 Rack
Dual 500W Element Mod
BBQ Guru DigiQ / Raptor Combo

Sailor

WOW....you guys had some serious sausage stuffing going on.  Pretty impressive!

Enough ain't enough and too much is just about right.

lumpy

WOW!!! 2x
Cant wait to see the rest of the pictures.

ragweed

Holy s&*t!!  That's amazing.  And here I am struggling to get 10 lbs made.

JZ

WOW and I bet the inside of that Uhaul sure smells good.

tailfeathers

No fooling around in Missouri I guess!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Where there's smoke, there's HAPPINESS!!!

Habanero Smoker

That is an impressive amount of sausage. Great work!!!

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

wkahler

Now that is what i call a long days work!!  There has to be some major planing ahead for that kind of a guys time!!  Looks awesome and can't wait to see the results!
The smoking lamp is lit!!!

pikeman_95

Wow what an operation. How hot do you smoke the sticks and the sausage. You must be using cure # 2.  Do you have any pictures of your heat and smoke generating system?? The most I have ever made is a little over 500# Did you use venison or beef to go with your pork??

STLstyle

Kirby,
Here is our smoke generating system:

Smoke 3 hours hickory.  Using cure number 2.  These guys have been doing this 20+ years.  It's a 20 man operation.  I've been on the "waiting list" for quite a few years.

They smoke the sausage outside, then back he trailer into his shop.  He can control temp from there.

This year was the lowest number of lbs in a Lon time.  Most guys were down in the deer weight due to low harvest numbers in MO his year.

Quite an operation.  We also did brats and Italian sausage at the end.  I meant to take more pics.  I'll grab some pics when I pick up the finished product.

DBS 6 Rack
Dual 500W Element Mod
BBQ Guru DigiQ / Raptor Combo

GusRobin

Thought I did a lot of work when I made 15 lbs one time.  Great stuff (no pun intended). Thanks for sharing.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

Saber 4

that is an impressive sausage run! :)

Quarlow

If I could get my jaw off the floor I would be able to comment. WOW
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

drano

Wow!
Not sure what else has to be said.

cobra6223

And I thought Kirby did a lot!! How long are those strands of sticks? Very neat and interesting.