Maine Coast seaduck(eider) breast

Started by dana757, January 18, 2005, 06:30:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dana757

Can anyone give me a recipe/marinade for seaduck mentioned above and then some tips on smoking only the breast.
First time user of Bradley!!!!!!![email protected]

Habanero Smoker

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

JJC

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by dana757</i>
<br />Can anyone give me a recipe/marinade for seaduck mentioned above and then some tips on smoking only the breast.
First time user of Bradley!!!!!!![email protected]
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Welcome to the Forum, Dana!  You'll love the info and welcoming atmosphere here . . .

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

MallardWacker

Welcoms Dana,

Man, would LOVE to hunt some Eiders!!  But anyway, someone once told me because of their diets, they can get a bit strong, is this correct?

I am lookning for a good recipe also,  we got ten Canadians a week ago and I have some great skin-on breast that I am hankering to put in the BS.  I found some Tony Chesery's Cajun~ Butter&Jalepeno Merinade on sale at WalMart.  Thinking on soaking them for a LONG while in that then putting some Apple wood to them.

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...

birdboy

I can tell you what I did with my skinless goose breasts.  Very simple, I brined for 12 hours (which was a little too much, a little too salty) so I would try 8 hours next time, salted and peppered the outside and wrapped in bacon, and into the smoker with Pecan.  

Turned out very good, these went from something that was barely tolerable to something that you want to make again.

MallardWacker

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by birdboy</i>
<br />.......... these went from something that was barely tolerable to something that you want to make again.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

NOW that is saying something.  I WILL have to think about brining.  AND many thanks.

AHhhh SHUCKS only two more weekends till the end of Duck season and 3 for Goose.  Why can't those little guys migrate all year long.

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...

birdboy

Glad to share.

If you can see them they should be fair game [:D]  I know I need to go out this weekend, stock up the freezer.