Orginal or Digital

Started by Michelle85, October 09, 2007, 12:33:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

manxman

QuoteI will purchase an OBS with the Maverick

Good choice, sure you will not be disappointed. Welcome to the forum.  :)
Manxman

Tiny Tim

Quote from: Michelle85 on October 09, 2007, 08:57:11 PM

I'm just wondering if theres any chance the Bradley's can cause a fire.  I am going to place the Bradley on my patio of my apartment, which has an 8 foot ceiling.  And when winter hits in Kansas City, will my Bradley be safe outside with a cover on it?  I am hoping to still get some use out of it in winter.  Do most people use Bradley in winter?  I hope so! :)

edit because I'm an idiot this morning and hit submit before I was ready to

No more chance of fire than any other electric item when used properly.

As for storing outside with a cover, I'd still like to see it under something sturdy, even with the prior advice on the Smoke Generator.

My rule of thumb for winter use is if I can get to my smoker and I have something to put in it, I'll use it. :D

iceman

Welcome and good advice from all.
In the winter be sure to store the generator INSIDE or in a dry warm area. When it gets below freezing the grease in the gears of the advance motor gel up and the nylon final drive gear will strip out and your pretty much shut down.
I end up replacing a half dozen motors each winter in Alaska because folks forget to store the generator inside. Other than those simple rules, if you can plug it in smoke whenever you want to. :)

Artmiester

Hi again Michelle,
My 6 rack DBS sits on my screen enclosed patio which has a plastered ceiling. It also sits atop a 22" high table. I was anticipating smoke stains on the ceiling when I first picked the location and had planned on fitting it with a smoke stack/flue above roof level. But after 6 months of smoking nearly every weekend there's no sign of stains and now I don't think I'd mind anyway. A little golden patina might be nice.
I would not put it in a brightly sunlit location, however. During the day it's almost impossible to read the digital display. Can't help you out with the winter thing. I'm down here in south FL. Winter? Wuzzat? ??? ;D
The Artmiester

"BBQs not the only pleasure in this world but it's way ahead of whatever's in second place."

West Coast Kansan

Welcome to another Kansas City area smoker! No wrong choice and you will love the Bradley.  Real surprised at the feedback from the Royal but certainly agree. 

Only thing I would add is if you get a choice - get the cover for the six rack even though you are getting the four.  The new four rack covers seem to have gotten shorter and the six rack will allow you to pull the draw string nice and tight.

Smokers are available at Cabellas near the race track / furnature mart OR from the new Bass Pro shop at 119th (west side of I35).

What part of town do you hail from?

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

Tiny Tim

Hey, I was tryin' to sell her one. :P ;D  Guess I'll let it go this time, but look out next time. :D