An Apology

Started by BuyLowSellHigh, November 19, 2010, 12:06:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BuyLowSellHigh

In a recent thread that focused on food safety I offered my views based upon my long and colored history with food handling, preparation and the food packaging industry.  Apparently in doing so I fanned the flames of controversy beyond what I thought was possible.  It has become clear to me today that some of my comments were read and seen as an admonishment and statement for others to not express their opinions.

I openly apologize for fueling an apparent firestorm, for offending anyone with my comments, and for anything I said that suggested that any forum member should not express their opinions.  Those certainly weren't my intentions, and are not consistent with my heartfelt beliefs and values.  If anything I said suggested that anyone should withold their opinion then I was way out of line.

Peace!
I like animals, they taste good!

Visit the Recipe site here

hal4uk

That's the ONE really bad thing about a forum with only written words. 
You can't see facial expressions or hear the tone of words.

Sometimes, we don't really hear what someone is saying...
Or, we do hear what they weren't saying.
Next thing ya know...  Whooops.

I don't think anyone is at fault.
It's just the way it is.

Hi-ho and so it goes.
Awrighten.

No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

Tenpoint5

I agree Hal and I tend to fall back on a favorite saying of mine. "Opinions are like *ssholes, everybody's got one and MOST of them Stink!!"
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

KyNola

No apology needed BLSH. 

If anyone feels the need to direct their anger toward anything in that particular thread you're referring to, direct it towards me.  If you prefer to do it in private, send me a PM.

Carry on BLSH. ;)

smoker pete

Quote from: KyNola on November 19, 2010, 01:30:51 PM
No apology needed BLSH. 

Carry on BLSH. ;)

Ditto ... x2.  Lets move on.  I still have too much to learn.

Click the Smokin Pig to visit Smokin' Pete's BBQ Bl

iceman

Yeppers let's just slide on to the next task.  ;D

Keymaster

Its always good to shake hands with the opposing debate team when done debating ;) Nepas is my go to guy when sausage come to question  ;D

Caneyscud

BLSH

I've been chewed out up one side of the field and down the other by former coaches, I've been cussed from my feet on one side up that side across my head and down the other side all the way back down to my feet by bosses.  My wife has regularly given me what for for 32 years.   I've been threatened with a gun over a contract dispute, I've been threatened with being pushed off the roof of one of my  construction sites.  I've been called wacko.  I've been called stupid by a big dog or two on this forum.   It's funny how not one of those ever apologized.  BLSH, you apologized.  In my book, that shows the heart of a man.  Thank you for walking that walk.
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

mybad

Yep always good to get it off your chest, sometimes in forums people become so much like family, well they act like family ;D

Quarlow

Damn what did I miss. Stinking computer viruses. I can't wait to get my comp fixed.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

_Bear_

Quote from: Quarlow on November 20, 2010, 01:48:56 PM
Damn what did I miss. Stinking computer viruses. I can't wait to get my comp fixed.

I think they block us Canucks from all the good stuff cause I missed it to  ;D
Bradly Digital 6 rack smoker
Bradley Propane Smoker
The Big Easy
Broil King gas BBQ
"Cant hurt it, it's already dead"

DTAggie

Walked in your shoes recently BLSH