Big Smoke for a Brewery Pot Luck

Started by waterkc, December 13, 2010, 07:13:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

waterkc

Hey Guys and Gals,

I am taking on my biggest smoke yet (small for some here, but its all in what ya know). I am going to smoke 18lbs of Pork butt, 10lbs of Brisket, and, 12lbs of Chickens all at once. I am going to mix it up with a bit of Hickory and Oak. I am going to start on Friday Morning for eats on Saturday @ 1:00PM PDT.

Will post picks as we go.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and loose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves. - Abraham Lincoln."

FLBentRider

That's quite a load.

I'm looking forward to the pics.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Tenpoint5

Sounds like fun with the different starting times leave room on the bottom for the chicken. Don't want that dripping on the good meat!!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

DTAggie

That is a big load.  Based on what I just went through with half of that size of load, you may want to start as early as possible on Friday.  I do not know what kind of equipment you are using.

waterkc

I am using a BDS4r, and yeah I was just thinking the same thing. I might actually start on Thursday night to get a jump on it. Once I get the butts done then I might start the briskets early Friday and the chickens on Sat Morning. Not really sure to be honest. The last butt I did was about 8lbs and took 14 hours. So that makes me concerned, although I do know doing multiple don't really extend the time. Just don't want to be late on the meat. lol.

Thanks and pics to follow.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and loose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves. - Abraham Lincoln."

Ka Honu

Sounds like you've got one rack of brisket and two of pork. If you're using the same smoke mix, why not do both at the same time?   

KyNola

Don't forget that after the smoke cycle you could transfer any of that to your house oven to finish cooking if you're concerned about room and load in the BDS.

TestRocket

Looks like you've got some good advice on that large load! Good Luck!