Tower 'O Meatloaf

Started by SoCalBuilder, January 16, 2011, 10:52:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoCalBuilder

Had to take another shot at meatloaf yesterday using a modified "Ain't Yo Mama's Meatloaf" recipe. I ended up with 8lbs when it was all said and done. Two hours of Pecan and another seven hours looking for a 165* IT. I was looking for 200* in the box but didn't make it there until they were about ready to pull. Almost 80* here yesterday. I'm ready to add the 2nd element.

Ready to smoke!

Mmmmmm ;D ;D ;D

beefmann

looks delicious so cal... and good luck with the second element

KyNola

Dang SCB, that looks good!

I like to take my favorite BBQ sauce and "paint" the meatloafs about 45 minutes before I'm going to take them out of the smoker.  Then one more coat of "paint" about 25 minutes before they come out.

Your's look awesome!

squirtthecat

Oh yeah!   That is a stack of meat......

classicrockgriller

The Meat Loaf looks great!

The meat loaf is gonna give off a lot of moisture.

The couple of times I have done them I kept my vent

fully open to help the moisture escape. (Like Chicken)

SoCalBuilder

Thanks for all the comments. THe meatloaf has such a great flavor that I like to serve it nekkid and offer different sauces on the side. I got to crack open another Xmas present from Schmidty today and tried J.D's Dirty White Sauce. Man is that some tasty stuff. Tomorrow is cold meatloaf sandwich with that J.D's instead of ketchup ;D

wyoduke

1 OBS
1 BRINKMAN
1 ROYAL JOKE
1 Smoke Daddy
1 Brinkman smoker grill
1 Green Mountain Grill

smoker pete

That's some great looking Meat Loaves there.  I do believe you've inspired me to do one of those real soon.  Now that I finally got my 2nd element installed I wonder why I waited so long.  Sure does make all the difference in the world.

Click the Smokin Pig to visit Smokin' Pete's BBQ Bl

Up In Smoke

Meat loaf looks awesome!!!
It's the leaning tower of Meatza  :P :P
2 Bradley OBS
Some people are like Slinkies... They're really good for nothing.
...But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.