Building a Boeing 737-800 simulator

Started by Flyboyandre, April 22, 2012, 07:07:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flyboyandre

You guys are cracking me up.

I'm hiring some professional paint help this weekend just to make sure I have someone to supervise me. However, it came at a high price as my 9 year old wanted a new purse for payment :shock:
Well, i don't think she will spot the difference between fake or real. Right?

Flyboyandre

I received a private message on one of the forums I have my build posted at 2 days ago.
To my big surprise I was told by two of my norwegian compadres that they were going to show up at my house to see the build. Sure enough, last night they rolled into Puyallup in their rented RV and I had to take them on a special tour of the area, including the final stop with them certifying my shell for paint :)

What a cool experience! Had a really cool time Vidar and Ketil!

Future of flight tour in Everett.

You are hereby certified to paint!

Tenpoint5

It is always cool as Hell when friends from all over the world stop by for a visit. Sent you a PM huh. Doesn't anyone call anymore? ;D ;D
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

squirtthecat

Neat!

I've always wanted to go on that Boeing tour as well..

Flyboyandre

Quote from: squirtthecat on June 14, 2012, 06:24:50 AM

Neat!

I've always wanted to go on that Boeing tour as well..

I always treat visitors to a factory tour.

carnie1

Quote from: Flyboyandre on June 12, 2012, 12:34:40 AM
You guys are cracking me up.

I'm hiring some professional paint help this weekend just to make sure I have someone to supervise me. However, it came at a high price as my 9 year old wanted a new purse for payment :shock:
Well, i don't think she will spot the difference between fake or real. Right?

Believe me, the fake will be spotted if it begins with a capitol "C" !!! They know

Flyboyandre

Doctor, doctor..........

My wife's comments went something like this "it looks like you're preparing for something illegal". Well, it isn't that bad as I'm finally ready to spray the primer, followed by the glossy white base coat.
I'm also trying to duplicate the 2 shades of blue in order to get the Spirit of Seattle color scheme as realistic as possible.

iceman

Don't forget the bug splats on the windows  ;D Oh and the little puddles of de icer on the ground around it. Oh shoot,  that's my dang Alaska thing kicking in again!  ::)  ;)  That is looking awesome Flyboy !

Flyboyandre

Quote from: iceman on June 17, 2012, 02:14:24 PM
Don't forget the bug splats on the windows  ;D Oh and the little puddles of de icer on the ground around it. Oh shoot,  that's my dang Alaska thing kicking in again!  ::)  ;)  That is looking awesome Flyboy !

Lmao

ronbeaux

The fight isn't over until the winner says it is.

Flyboyandre

Typically you won't see the paintjob applied until a fully functional plane rolls off the line. However, this is no typical factory job so I reserve the right to make any decisions I please cause it's MY stinking (literally) garage.
Well, the paint isn't 100% complete as my buddy Steve is cutting a stencil for the "Proudly All Boeing 737" which will go on the lower portion below the windows and I also need to get the 512 posted above the front windows.
The final touch on the body itself is to get the skin installed to the lower frame. This may seem like a tiny thing but will add a lot more to the color. Decided to keep it off until the old simpit is gone in order to avoid accidental scuffing. Space is definitely at a premium now........

SouthernSmoked

WOW!! That is looking way to cool...... Nice job Andre!
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

GusRobin

Looks great. Does the top still come off? Looks like it will be a tight fit to get it out of the garage.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

Flyboyandre

Quote from: GusRobin on June 18, 2012, 07:50:30 AM
Looks great. Does the top still come off? Looks like it will be a tight fit to get it out of the garage.

Yup, top is bolted in and it also splits down the middle to leave left and right as 2 parts. 4 parts total, including frame.

Tenpoint5

Just had a thunk. tear down the old simulator and paint the back wall of the garage to show the rest of the bird in the "Hanger"!! That would be cool when folks drive past
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!