Building a Boeing 737-800 simulator

Started by Flyboyandre, April 22, 2012, 07:07:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keymaster

Flyboyandre

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on June 18, 2012, 03:25:22 PM
Just had a thunk. tear down the old simulator and paint the back wall of the garage to show the rest of the bird in the "Hanger"!! That would be cool when folks drive past

Don't you be giving an impulsive man crazy ideas  :D

KyNola

Leadfoote

Flyboyandre

She's a wrap! Well, almost a wrap. Got the "skirt" for the base frame cut, installed and painted today. Only windows, the metal window trim and a few realistic N512AS specific graphics pieces remains to be completed on the exterior shell.
There will also be a few unique exterior pieces, including pitot tubes and other goodies :)

GusRobin

"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

Flyboyandre

She's got her birthmarks. Thanks to Steve for making the stencils, allowing me to apply the real life markings on the side and above the nose windows.
Now while I await some real Boeing parts I will be lifting the frame onto its wheels in order to manouver it around.

squirtthecat

Flyboyandre

Chili Head

That's great! I can't wait to see this project when its finished.
My first online game play was flight simulators. I was into it heavy and even flew dc3's on a scheduled route for a sim airline years ago. Ive been away from it for several years and would love to get back into it but I would need a pc to run X to my satisfaction.

Flyboyandre

Just as I got the 8th wheel in place on the 737 it was time to start the demolition work on the old simpit.
It feels a bit surreal to tear down something that took so long bringing to life.
R.I.P Simpit, you helped me capture memories from all across the world!

This picture was one of my lead in pictures to this entire build. I felt it was fitting to post it once again as it captures the last experience in the old pit. This was the last time It was powered up.

This is what remains as of tonight.....

Flyboyandre

Happy 4th everyone!
Today I was a man on a mission as I moved from the emotional stage to the beat the crap out of it with a hammer stage.
What I envisioned to be a day filled with exercise, ended up with a bunch of war wounds.
The bi$&@ fought me all the way and really took advantage of a slight stepladder mishap and nailed me with a 4" screw all the way to the bone. The damn board was still stuck on me as I stood up. This just ended up pissing me off to and I went to town like a madman.
Luckily my hammer blows blended wonderfully with the neighborhood fireworks show.
I would have flattened thenwholendarn thing if I could only reach the one wall that is still standing but it will have to wait until we get a couple of loads to the landfill tomorrow.
Now that I look at the end game pictures, it looks like I missed a Tornado warning. Luckily the gods decided to spare the 737 :)

It's weird to imagine that 2 years worth of work was flattened in about 8 hours.
However, she fought me all the way.
So instead of rest in peace I would now like to say "burn in hell!".

squirtthecat

I hope you've had a tetanus shot recently!

Tenpoint5

Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!