USPS flat(tened) rate boxes, and some darn good mustard..

Started by squirtthecat, September 11, 2010, 02:37:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

squirtthecat

So we were running low on our favorite mustard:   Morehouse Rhinegeld.    On Labor Day, I ordered a case of 12 bottles.    Mailman shows up today with a large flat rate box, with a suspicious yellow stain on one end.

Uh oh, he says.    Smells funny, too.

I put it in the sink and carefully cut it open..

[shock, horror]

Looks like it was dropped right on the end, somewhere between here and California. (it was starting to dry out, so I assume it happened early in the trip)

I managed to salvage the other 11, and washed all of the mustard good and glass shards off.

If anyone hasn't tried this stuff (it's from the same company that makes 'Atomic Horseradish'), it's seriously good..
I can't find anything around here that comes close to matching the flavor.

ArnieM

That's a bummer squirt.  If I were out there with the mailman I would have refused the shipment.  Send your pics to the shipper.  Maybe they could do something for ya.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

squirtthecat

Quote from: ArnieM on September 11, 2010, 03:51:11 PM
That's a bummer squirt.  If I were out there with the mailman I would have refused the shipment.  Send your pics to the shipper.  Maybe they could do something for ya.

I sent him the picture when I posted this.   He's sending a couple bottles out for my trouble.   They even offered to cut me a check for the busted bottle, and the headache of dealing with the mess.  Definitely a nice outfit to work with.. 

I gave a bottle of their Atomic Horseradish to Hal.    I think he's afraid to try it.  :D   

ArnieM

Quote from: squirtthecat on September 11, 2010, 03:57:42 PM

I gave a bottle of their Atomic Horseradish to Hal.    I think he's afraid to try it.  :D   

I'm not afraid  ;D ;D
-- Arnie

pensrock

The atomic horseradish is good stuff, I ordered it several times. I have also tried and liked the horseradish mustard. They are great people to deal with.  :)

squirtthecat

Quote from: pensrock on September 11, 2010, 04:20:31 PM
The atomic horseradish is good stuff, I ordered it several times. I have also tried and liked the horseradish mustard. They are great people to deal with.  :)

Then it was an old post of yours that turned me on to that place...   I couldn't remember if it was you or Gizmo that was talking about it.   Thanks Pens!

Gizmo

I have used the Atomic Horse Radish for several years and did a post over a year ago.  Fortunatly I can buy the Atomic at a local grocery store.  I love it as a cocktal sauce.  As you mentioned the outfit that sells the Atomic is a great company and many of their products are glutten free.  I received several samples from the company and gave them to a family with a little girl that has siliac's.  She made a cute thankyou card.  Her dad said it really made her day as she was able to get some great flavor on foods she had gotten bored with
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

pensrock

Giz is the one who let me know about it. It was most likely his post you read. Regardless, its good stuff.  :)

iceman

I got confused as to who really turned us on to this place but I sure do thank who ever. Great products and service for sure.  :)

car54

ArnieM

Well squirt, you got me into this.  I ordered up four each of three different things, including of course the Atomic Horseradish.  Some will be Christmas presents.

Somehow, the shipping got screwed up.  They sent me an email apologizing and offered another three bottles of whatever I wanted to compensate.

I selected the creamy white.  They also threw in a bottle of the garlic juice.

Great products and really great customer service.

I might have to do a review on the products.  I'll check with Chris.

http://truenaturaltaste.com/
-- Arnie

Tenpoint5

Quote from: ArnieM on September 24, 2010, 08:31:50 PM
Well squirt, you got me into this.  I ordered up four each of three different things, including of course the Atomic Horseradish.  Some will be Christmas presents.

Somehow, the shipping got screwed up.  They sent me an email apologizing and offered another three bottles of whatever I wanted to compensate.

I selected the creamy white.  They also threw in a bottle of the garlic juice.

Great products and really great customer service.

I might have to do a review on the products.  I'll check with Chris.

http://truenaturaltaste.com/

Consider it checked!! Sounds good Arnie Looking forward to it as always.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

pensrock

Just a note of caution, it does not take much Atomic Horseradish to clear out the sinus'.  ;D

squirtthecat

Good deal!

Next order, I'm going to get some of that garlic juice as well..