Started by Batman of BBQ, January 16, 2012, 11:12:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Batman of BBQ

Quote from: Pachanga on January 18, 2012, 03:21:03 PM
Righteous Smoke Batman.

Nice rub combo.

The Bat Cave must be a little smokey.

Love the Emblem on the Smoker.

You're looking better than ever and killing it on the ribs.

Good luck and slow smoking,

Pachanga

Thanks my man!  Its good to be back after a long hiatus...new addition to the family!

Yea the bat cave will be smokey again this weekend indeed!  Instead of molasses I think I'm gonna try Maple Syrup.  What U think?  Every tried it?

Batman
Don't want to be the best in the world, just the best in my neighborhood.

1 OBS, Nuff Said

wipf9994

How long do u keep them in the fridge in the vacuum bag?

Batman of BBQ

I kept them in the fridge for 24 hours just because I was smoking them the next day.  You can keep them in the fridge for as long as you like.  Meat tenderizer works better the longer it sits on the meat.
Don't want to be the best in the world, just the best in my neighborhood.

1 OBS, Nuff Said

Pachanga

Quote from: Batman of BBQ on January 18, 2012, 05:21:59 PM
Quote from: Pachanga on January 18, 2012, 03:21:03 PM
Righteous Smoke Batman.

Nice rub combo.

The Bat Cave must be a little smokey.

Love the Emblem on the Smoker.

You're looking better than ever and killing it on the ribs.

Good luck and slow smoking,

Pachanga

Thanks my man!  Its good to be back after a long hiatus...new addition to the family!

Yea the bat cave will be smokey again this weekend indeed!  Instead of molasses I think I'm gonna try Maple Syrup.  What U think?  Every tried it?

Batman

I've tried most of it.  True maple sails pretty good with certain meat or fish and spice combos.  You will find your own way and preferences with it.

I am not much of a fan of "maple flavored". 

I usually stick with molasses in the syrupy category; it just goes with smoke and Q.  But then, it may be just a Southern thing because that was all that was available in the early days and it became a "go to" item and an acquired taste.  All good Southern pantries have some molasses somewhere on the shelf.   Grandma and Granny always kept it handy and used it often.

I've had some fine sauces made from Dark Karo.

Good to hear from you.  I have been away awhile myself. 

Isn't this numero dos for you?  I was thinking you became a papa just the other day.  Time flies.

Pachanga

papajohn

Batman, I love your post and would very much like to try your recipe. I am  totally inexperienced at smoking and your
directions make this recipe look easy enough that even I can do it.
I was wonder though, if you would share the amounts of each ingredient you used for your dry rub. (or is that like asking
for the location of your favourite fishing hole?)

Thanks in advance for your help

SnellySmokesEm

Quote from: papajohn on January 20, 2012, 05:54:03 AM
Batman, I love your post and would very much like to try your recipe. I am  totally inexperienced at smoking and your
I was wonder though, if you would share the amounts of each ingredient you used for your dry rub. (or is that like asking

Papa John, nice try but its not easy to get batmans rub.....  I am privileged enough to have a copy however I aint given it up...  ;) ;D
Is it bad if my wife refers to the smoker as "The Mistress"?
MasterBuilt Electric Smokehouse
Charbroil Red 4 Burner With Auto Clean
Big Easy Smoker Roaster Grill
BBQ Evangelist

Sam3

Quote from: papajohn on January 20, 2012, 05:54:03 AM

There are lots of dry rubs for pork available at your local food market. I usually use McCormicks Grill mates Pork Rub.
And then I add a little more heat to it. Buy some, taste it and make some adjustments. You can go wrong there!

papajohn

I was afraid of that, but thanks anyway. :(

SnellySmokesEm

There are some really good rubs in the rubs/sauce forum thread.  Try some of them out!  I will tell you batman's is a brown sugar based rub so check out some the other threads and find one thats BS based.

FLBentRider uses The renowned Mr. Brown
http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=17367.0

Jan's Rub is a favorite on the forum, its salt based
http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=17403.0

Also try the recipe site:
http://www.susanminor.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?180-Our-Time-Tested-and-Proven-Recipes
Is it bad if my wife refers to the smoker as "The Mistress"?
MasterBuilt Electric Smokehouse
Charbroil Red 4 Burner With Auto Clean
Big Easy Smoker Roaster Grill
BBQ Evangelist

papajohn

Thaanks everyone for your help. You've given me some great ideas, and places to
look. Now I just have to get to work
Appreciate your help
Happy smokin'

La Quinta

I make my own rubs depending on my mood...don't buy them...sauces either...just make them up...

OU812

Quote from: La Quinta on January 24, 2012, 02:10:25 AM
I make my own rubs depending on my mood...don't buy them...sauces either...just make them up...

Ditto.