A little bacon

Started by Grouperman941, March 07, 2014, 11:08:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grouperman941

Got a half pork belly as a birthday present, so I made this:

Recipe was just basic dry cure and maple smoke. I was a little worried that it wasn't curing because it hardly released any moisture, but color and flavor were great.
I just spent $12 K on this Honda Accord! Why can't it tow my boat?!?

Cheech

Dude...it makes me smile to hear that someone got half a pork belly for a birthday present...and they were happy about it!  Great looking bacon!  If the gift giver lives with you then I imagine you might be getting these gifts more often.

Grouperman941

Quote from: Cheech on March 07, 2014, 04:53:23 PM
Dude...it makes me smile to hear that someone got half a pork belly for a birthday present...and they were happy about it!  Great looking bacon!  If the gift giver lives with you then I imagine you might be getting these gifts more often.

Holidays around here are basically a meat exchange, at least among the guys. Everybody likes to cook and eat. :-)

I just butchered up a whole ribeye to give to my dad for his birthday. I also smoked him some short ribs and deli style roast beef.
I just spent $12 K on this Honda Accord! Why can't it tow my boat?!?

Saber 4

Quote from: Grouperman941 on March 08, 2014, 11:50:47 AM
Quote from: Cheech on March 07, 2014, 04:53:23 PM

Holidays around here are basically a meat exchange, at least among the guys. Everybody likes to cook and eat. :-)

I just butchered up a whole ribeye to give to my dad for his birthday. I also smoked him some short ribs and deli style roast beef.

Great looking bacon and sounds like a nice place to live