Smoked Chuck Roast

Started by seemore, January 03, 2010, 05:46:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seemore

We started out with this hunk of meat:

We cut a piece off the end in order to make this roast.  The rest of the meat is for future smokes that will be posted then.
We used this for a rub:

1 T black pepper
1 T onion powder
2 t Kosher salt
2 t garlic powder
1 t paprika
1 t creole seasoning

Rub this on the meat, and let it sit overnight.

We followed the instructions for smoking the roast from MWS, which is in the Tried & True Recipes section.

Once the briskets had burned out, we brought the roast inside and poured a bottle of stout beer over it.

We covered it with foil and put it in a 235 degree oven until the IT reached 205 degrees.

We sliced it, drizzled a little of that stout sauce over it, and enjoyed it for dinner:

Tenpoint5

Looks great but it will last a year if you only put that much on your plate at a time!!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

deb415611

:D Even I was thinking I could eat more than that... though not as much as Chris, I'm sure

Looks great Seemores!

seemore

OK pizza 2:30 3:00 home made Baked potato soup 6:00 chuck roast I need beer ok
seemore

Tenpoint5

Quote from: seemore on January 03, 2010, 08:35:08 PM
OK pizza 2:30 3:00 home made Baked potato soup 6:00 chuck roast I need beer ok
seemore
Ok I was beginning to think you might be trying out a new diet or something crazy like that!!!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

classicrockgriller

That just looks plain ole DELICIOUS!

What a Hunk Of Meat!

Quarlow

I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.