Smoked Salmon Spread

Started by swissy, April 24, 2007, 09:20:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

swissy

my favorite party spread!

about half fillet of smoked salmon (roughly a quart sized ziplock bag full)
12-16oz tub of cream cheese
1/4cup jalepeno (more for hot, less for weak) - freshly smoked for a stronger smoky flavor!

chop up the fish and jalepeno into small bits. Blend into the cream cheese - by hand for chunky spread, by power mixer for smooth and creamy. The color should be a strong pink - if it's pale or more white than pink add more salmon. Put on your favorite cracker and add a caper or two. Super Easy!

You can also add a clove of minced garlic, a green onion finely chopped, or fresh cracked pepper to alter the flavor to your liking.

iceman

That's the way I like it too swissy. Thanks for posting a recipe for it. :)

Kummok

Great taste, Swissy...ThanX! (Although you might have to modify the amount of salmon when using Kings....half a fillet of King would make half a gallon of spread! ;) ;) ;D)

Habanero Smoker

Looks like a good recipe. I will need to try this one.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

swissy

Quote from: Kummok on April 24, 2007, 09:55:57 AM
Great taste, Swissy...ThanX! (Although you might have to modify the amount of salmon when using Kings....half a fillet of King would make half a gallon of spread! ;) ;) ;D)

LOL...  that's why I threw the 'quart sized ziplock bag' reference in! Although the couple of Kings I already pulled out this year have been only around 16# so far - I was even lucky enough to be one of 75 that got one for the Winter King Derby!!  :o  Hopefully the next couple of months will make them bigger...

Kummok

16#'ers would be REAL popular around here right now, Swissy.....Feeder Kings seem to have decided to winter in Mexico....very few being caught in Kachemak Bay lately... :(

swissy

wow... I feel REALLY lucky then. I knew the one I got during the derby was one of very few, but since I have picked up another as well!  Hope my luck holds...

Kummok

I can taste it from here!!  There was a 47 #er caught the day before the derby....I'm surprised that the fellow didn't put it in a live tank until the day of the Derby!! ;) ;D ;D 

(BTW, yer AFD hat is in as "seasoned" a condition as mine....helps catch the Kings, I reckon!  ;))

swissy

yeah, I heard about the 47 pounder at the sign in... everyone was all atwitter over it! Same guy was out fishing for the derby and got skunked. That's gotta suck! Woulda won him the derby...

That hat... ah, memories! My first one I bought as a probie... now with 16 years on it! I retired it to the boat at 15 years and bought me a new one!  ;D  That hat has provided some good fishing  ;)