Pulled Pork Parfait

Started by MrRaven, May 10, 2013, 11:16:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrRaven

Not sure if you guys have had one of these at a fair or festival but they are a great way to have some pulled pork and a lot of fun. Easy to mix it up with other ingredients like beans etc.

http://www.theblackpeppercorn.com/2013/05/pulled-pork-parfait/

Ka Honu

Been making those for years but with slaw and a "less sweet" sauce instead of taters and sweet sauce.  Great dish!

Habanero Smoker

They look great. I've also been making them for a few years after seeing them sold at a festival, but call them Pull Pork Cocktails. They are a big hit at gathering. I haven't used mashed potatoes, but use pulled pork, baked beans and topped with coleslaw. I may now add a mash potato layer.

I see you use Sweet Baby Ray's. I don't like sweet, but my family members do. So yesterday I saw they have a new variety out and picked it up; Sweet Baby Ray's Cola-Q. I haven't tried it yet.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

terry08

Man those look yummy. Now I will have to try them. Might add a smoked cherry and banana. ;D

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

mikecorn.1

Very cool idea. Never seen that before.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
Mike

MrRaven

Quote from: Habanero Smoker on May 10, 2013, 01:09:25 PM
I see you use Sweet Baby Ray's. I don't like sweet, but my family members do. So yesterday I saw they have a new variety out and picked it up; Sweet Baby Ray's Cola-Q. I haven't tried it yet.

It is the same here Hab. My family far prefers the sweet sauce. I like either mustard based or vinegar based myself. Cola BBQ sauce eh. interesting. I'll be looking for it. I make a coca cola habanero BBQ sauce that is really good. Love it on chicken and ribs.

Ok, it's not even 10am and I want BBQ

Habanero Smoker

I tasted the sauce this morning. It tastes like the original Sweet Baby's Ray with a nice flavor of cola. I may cut it with some vinegar and/or apple juice to use it on some ribs. I will definitely use this in my Barbeque Baked Beans.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Skishy

I have never seen this before either. That is a really cool idea. I may have to try to see if i can put something like that together.
"Hail to the King, baby!" - Bruce Campbell

2 - 4 rack OBS
1 - Brinkmann Pellet Smoker
1 - Masterbuilt Charcoal smoker