SUPPLIES

Started by coleman, July 29, 2008, 11:06:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

coleman

I was wondering if anybody had some information on where to buy meat curing supplies in Canada?  I am looking for some Morton's Tender quick, and maybe a maple cure.  I was just curious if there was a canadian supplier that some of you may be aware of.  I have seen a few american websites, but the $25 plus in shipping is a killer.  Thanks.

Dan

Mr Walleye

Hi Dan and welcome to the forum.

Where abouts are you in Canada? I usually buy Morton TQ from Safeways here in Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan. There is also a place in Regina called JB Sausage which is a great supply place. Where ever your location you should be able to search your yellow pages for "Sausage Supplies".

Here is another company located in BC.
http://www.wwf5.com/stuffers.com/wecs.php?store=stuffers&

Here is a link to a post by Habs on how to make a similar product to Morton TQ out of cure #1.
http://www.susanminor.org/forums/showthread.php?p=691#post691

Also, click on the smoker in the bottom of my post and it will take take you the recipe site. Lots of great stuff there.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

coleman

Thanks for the links.  I am in BC, so that one might be helpful. I have looked for tenderquick all over, and everyone just looks at me with that look,...that they have no idea what I am talking about. :D  Appreciate the info.

Dan

FLBentRider

W E L C O M E  to the Forum coleman!

Quote from: coleman on July 29, 2008, 09:00:46 PM
Thanks for the links.  I am in BC, so that one might be helpful. I have looked for tenderquick all over, and everyone just looks at me with that look,...that they have no idea what I am talking about. :D  Appreciate the info.

I'm used to getting that "look", but I live in Florida. Noone here ever heard of it.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!