Venison balogna&sausage recipes

Started by smokingthemidwest, December 20, 2009, 06:58:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

squirtthecat

classicrockgriller

Quote from: squirtthecat on January 10, 2010, 08:19:37 PM

That picture is priceless...

Yes it is. You think he likes sausage?

Can you imagine what is going thru his mind looking at all that beautiful sausage.

Sausage is awesome looking. Congrats!

Quarlow

He thinks he found the mother lode.  :o ;D
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

classicrockgriller

He's gonna go to the store and see sausage forsale and know his daddy sausage is better than that stuff.

kewl pic. ;D

thanks, that made my day!

smokingthemidwest

Thank you forum friends. I think it turned out very good for my third batch. One quick question is that i was wondering how come when i stuffed the casing i did not get a nice ring, has more of a bend than a nice ring? Is it because I stuffed them too tight? Just trying to get better they tasted great. Thank you in advance, Yeah my little buddy in the picture sure likes venison sausage and jerky!!!!

Quarlow

Well some of them have a nice curve in them. I would guess that maybe those with the bend were not quite as stuffed as the others allowing it to kink instead of curve.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ

smokingthemidwest

Yeah thats what i thought. Some turned out really great and some did not. I am new to this so i guess the more i do the better i will get.  Thanks for helping me out on this project :)

Quarlow

OBS
BBQ

HawkeyeSmokes

Quote from: smokingthemidwest on January 11, 2010, 12:42:36 PM
Thank you forum friends. I think it turned out very good for my third batch. One quick question is that i was wondering how come when i stuffed the casing i did not get a nice ring, has more of a bend than a nice ring? Is it because I stuffed them too tight? Just trying to get better they tasted great. Thank you in advance, Yeah my little buddy in the picture sure likes venison sausage and jerky!!!!

It might be the type a casing that you used. I've used beef rounds for ring bologna with pretty good luck.
HawkeyeSmokes