Jerky Time

Started by Keymaster, January 27, 2013, 08:23:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keymaster

Mixed up some brine using lem's Original seasoning mix.

Then I hand slice all the top round into 1/4" thick slices and into the brine it went.

Cover and refrigerate overnight and shake it around everytime you fill your sippy cup up with ice and adult beverage.

Got up real early and got it in the Bradley smoker.

Be back later today with the finished pictures. Gonna roll with Alder smoke today :)

NePaSmoKer

Looking good.

Like the boat motor mixing too  ;D

Keymaster

Quote from: NePaSmoKer on January 27, 2013, 10:28:04 AM
Looking good.

Like the boat motor mixing too  ;D
If you don't have one of them mixers you gotta get one. 13 hours later, last two in the dehydrator.

Gizmo

Now all you need is another set of 6 racks so you can double up on the fun.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

pikeman_95

Looks good. Are you happy with that blend?

kc

Consooger

My jerky never motor boats in that deep of a pool, uhm..........nevermind  :P
"Telling you to invest in smoking your own jerky because buying it so much was getting way too expensive was the worst thing I could have ever done to us, now look at the monster I have created!" :-)
               -My Wife

Keymaster

Quote from: pikeman_95 on January 27, 2013, 09:23:35 PM
Looks good. Are you happy with that blend?

kc
Its kinda close to Obertos original. A little salty but I cut back on the seasoning. Its not like my butchers jerky but I like it. There's plenty of room to be "Happier" :)

OU812

Good lookin pile of jerky!

I like the LEM/Backwoods Hot better then the original and to tame it down for them that dont like it that hot mix it 50/50 with the original

Smoker John

Bradley Digital 4 Rack
Bradley BS712

Keymaster

Quote from: OU812 on January 28, 2013, 09:46:19 AM

I like the LEM/Backwoods Hot better then the original and to tame it down for them that dont like it that hot mix it 50/50 with the original
I was about 6 tsp short of the original so I  used a little bit of the lems bbq flavor. Turned out good.

OU812

Now your gonna be 6 tsp next time ya make the BBQ  ;D

j have never tried there BBQ

Sailor

Quote from: OU812 on January 28, 2013, 09:46:19 AM

I agree with you Curt!  I love the Hot!  I have been buying the mix at Gander Mt and a month ago I bought the last package and went back the next week to get more.  Rack was empty!  Went back the next week and same thing.  Went back the next week and same thing.  Asked the clerk in the department about the rack being empty.  He went to the back room and brought out some High Mt crap and said this is all they got.  Came home and ordered 3 25LB packs from LEM.  Got the delivery last Wed and been making GB jerky all weekend.  :o

Enough ain't enough and too much is just about right.

bigjimak

Quote from: Gizmo on January 27, 2013, 07:23:25 PM
Now all you need is another set of 6 racks so you can double up on the fun.

It's actually easier than that.  I made up 8# of jerkey in my 4-rack last night by using 7 trays (could have gone 8). 

On each rack-holder I placed 2 trays.  One "right side up" (as normal) and the other turned upside down.

On a 6-rack you could hold 12 trays,,,

Just my $0.02...

Keymaster

Thats a good idea. With the 6 pounds of beef I  had in the smoker I  also had that black condensation dripping from my door onto my deck that the wife don't  like so well. I find that six pounds is just right for me.

cackler69

I'm jealous. That looks WONDERFUL! What is under the jerky...on the racks??

Mrs. C  :-*