I am a dumbass

Started by Chez Bubba, April 18, 2005, 01:35:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chez Bubba

Bought one of these little babies a few months ago & bought a holosight for it yesterday. Mounted it last night & went to the range to sight it in this morning.

It's a bullpup design, so the barrel seems effectively short. Firing from the bench, I had the bottom of the pistol grip based on the bench & was solidifiying it in place by wrapping my left index finger through the front sight pillars.

Well, just about the time I get to the last sight adjustment, I started to fire a 5-shot group. I inadvertantly positioned my finger around the front of the front sight pillar, and basically shot myself in the finger.[:(!]

Nothing some disenfectant and a bandage won't heal, but my pride is gonna take a lot longer.

I have been around guns since I was 5. I have been schooled in and preached gun safety my entire life. If my father were alive, I'd be the first 40 year old guy you ever heard of getting a spankin'. (And not paying for it![;)][:D])

Safety, safety, safety!!!! Can't be said enough.

Kirk

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

Oldman

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

JJC

OOOOUUUUCCCCHHHH!!!! . . . at least you can count on Olds to be both concerned and supportive [;)]

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

owrstrich

thats a fine looking crossbow chezz...

are you getting ready for the bristol renaissance faire...

http://www.renfair.com/bristol

more later...

owrstrich

i am johnny owrstrich... i disapprove of this post...

Oldman

Looking at this lady in your picture owrstrich reminds me of the Baroque period... Has anyone every had the chance to see paintings from that time ??? They are characteristic of a style in art and architecture that was developed in Europe from the early 17th to mid-18th century, emphasizing dramatic, often strained effect and typified by bold, curving forms, elaborate ornamentation, and overall balance of disparate parts.

The beauty of the women in "Baroque" painting transcends the bounds of sexual desire... Ah the warmth, the softness, the purity of the Baroque period IMO has never been attained before or since...in any  painting from any time-line that I know of.  If I could have picked a time to live it would be without a doubt that period of history.

Olds

http://rminor.com

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Habanero Smoker

At least it wasn't your trigger finger [:D].

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Bassman

Hey Kirk,
Sorry to hear about your mishap. Don't be too hard on your self, We all do dumb things. It was just your turn![:D]

<i><font color="blue"><b>Jack</i></font id="blue"></b>
Jack

Phone Guy

Ever notice these things generally only happen once? I bet you don't do that again. How much for the Rifle? I assume its for sale. [:D][;)]

JJC

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Oldman</i>
<br />Looking at this lady in your picture owrstrich reminds me of the Baroque period... Has anyone every had the chance to see paintings from that time ??? They are characteristic of a style in art and architecture that was developed in Europe from the early 17th to mid-18th century, emphasizing dramatic, often strained effect and typified by bold, curving forms, elaborate ornamentation, and overall balance of disparate parts.

The beauty of the women in "Baroque" painting transcends the bounds of sexual desire... Ah the warmth, the softness, the purity of the Baroque period IMO has never been attained before or since...in any  painting from any time-line that I know of.  If I could have picked a time to live it would be without a doubt that period of history.

Olds

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
No wonder you're a Millenium Member, Olds!  You've added a touch of class to our Forum.  And you think statistics are fancy [;)][:D][;)]

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

tsquared

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">If my father were alive, I'd be the first 40 year old guy you ever heard of getting a spankin'. (And not paying for it!)

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote"> Had to laugh when I saw that--I could feel the ghost of my fathers hunting boot on my 3rd point of contact. One of my favourite hunting memories is my dad forcing me at age 12 to strip down and go for a swim in  a Northern Alberta slough  to fetch a mallard that I shot. November with a crust of ice around the shore.[:0] You only have to do that once before you're damn careful where you put a bird down. [:D]
Tom

MallardWacker

Kirk,

This little accident reminds me of one of my employees story of what his Dad did to himself (an Arkansas State Trooper).  Well he bought himself a 50 cal single shot monster gun, I'm sure you know the type, by-pod----scope---the whole deal.  His first time shooting it he gets down in the prone position and squeezes one off.  No body told him that you don't rest your eye on the scope when you fire the thing.  Needless to say he has a good reminder in the mirror of his first shot.

And Olds,

As I get a bit older, beauty does mean a lot more is certainly different that what it use to be in my testosterone laden days.

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...

Oldman

Well if we are telling war stories I got two short ones.

My Step father was cleaning his shot gun on the kitchen table. In those days we lived in a single wide trailer. As he wiped the trigger he blew a hole clean through the trailer roof.

<b>Rule #1</b> Empty gun before cleaning.

During that same period of time my brother and myself were reloading our own shot-gun shells. (Ages 10-11) Well my brother *cough* reloaded some of mine. Well my Step father and myself were in a floating duck blind. As I went to shoot this duck the next thing I know is the only thing I have left of my gun was the wood piece from under the barrel in my left hand, and the trigger section in my right hand.

<b>Rule #2</b> Never allow anyone to reload your ammo.

Olds

whitetailfan

<b>Rule #3</b>
Never try to whack a squirrel with the butt of your rifle if (it may be) loaded.  Not my personal rule, but I got that one from a cousin of my Dad's.

<font color="green">whitetailfan</font id="green">
"Nice Rack"
Lethbridge, AB
Vegetarian is an ancient aboriginal word meaning "lousy hunter"
We have enough youth...how about a fountain of smart?
Living a healthy lifestyle is simply choosing to die at the slowest possible rate.

MallardWacker

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by whitetailfan</i>
<br /><b>Rule #3</b>
Never try to whack a squirrel with the butt of your rifle if (it may be) loaded.  <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">LOL[:D] That is sounding too much like Perry County Arkansa agian.....

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...

BigSmoker

My brother who is in law enforcement once bought a small 25 auto.  First time he shot it his hand was to far up the grip and the action tore two grooves in the meat of his hand[;)].  Glad yall reminded me I'll rib hiom the next time I see him.  

Kirk:  Good thing its only a paint ball gun[:D][}:)][:D].

Jeff

Some say BBQ is in your blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.
Some people say BBQ is in the blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.