Just got my smoker last weekend.....

Started by varway, November 28, 2009, 08:23:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

varway

in time to be able to smoke a turkey for Thanksgiving.  So far, we are loving this.  It may be the best kitchen toy I've ever had, and that's saying a lot!  First day, beef ribs.  Second day, smoked some bacon I'd cured, then a chicken for dinner.  The next time to use it was for the turkey.  Absolutely the best turkey we've ever had.  My plan today is to make the venison smoked beans that is a recipe here on the website. Anyone made those?

How about smoking a sirloin?  We like our meat medium rare and were wondering about smoking a steak.  I'm gonna try that tomorrow. 

Anyone made any hams?  And I mean, cure one from scratch?  That's what started me on the smoker adventure was curing bacon and needing a way to get it smoked.  I want to try my hand at curing a ham, using feral hog.  We're in South Texas and those hogs are everywhere. 

watchdog56

Welcome varway. You are going to love this site and better yet you will love what you produce. If you have any questions whether they sound stupid or not don't be afraid to ask. People with a lot of experience will give you the answer. Good smoking to you.

FLBentRider

W E L C O M E  to the Forum varway!

As far as steaks go, one method is to cold smoke 1 to 2 hours, wrap in plastic and refrigerate. Then grill the next day.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

KevinG

Welcome Varway! Never seen a bean come out of venison, unless it's those little brown things coming out the rear.  :P I'm sure someone hear will get you going.
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG